- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him 2 Years Ago
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Today 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Today 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
A special election called by Prime Minister Teresa May, in an effort to bolster her majority in Parliament, turned into a stunning repudiation of the Tories. Leading the charge was Jeremy Corbyn, whose Labour party picked up 261 seats, leading to a hung Parliament.
He had a lot to celebrate last night, and boy did he botch it. Corbyn went in to high five another Labour member, Emily Thornberry, and missed. Badly.
There are no words adequate to describe Jeremy Corbyn high-fiving Emily Thornberry's boob, so here: pic.twitter.com/vDYdos7OlU— HannahJane Parkinson (@ladyhaja) June 9, 2017
Wow. That is as awkward as it gets. There’s a chance Corbyn will be prime minister now, with a lot more public appearances, so he better practice.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]