- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week 2 Years Ago
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid 2 Years Ago
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle 2 Years Ago
- It’s too late to book a room for the Area 51 raid Today 12:28 PM
- Adam Sandler’s next Netflix film is a star-studded Halloween comedy Today 12:17 PM
- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid Today 12:06 PM
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga Today 11:59 AM
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
A special election called by Prime Minister Teresa May, in an effort to bolster her majority in Parliament, turned into a stunning repudiation of the Tories. Leading the charge was Jeremy Corbyn, whose Labour party picked up 261 seats, leading to a hung Parliament.
He had a lot to celebrate last night, and boy did he botch it. Corbyn went in to high five another Labour member, Emily Thornberry, and missed. Badly.
There are no words adequate to describe Jeremy Corbyn high-fiving Emily Thornberry's boob, so here: pic.twitter.com/vDYdos7OlU— HannahJane Parkinson (@ladyhaja) June 9, 2017
Wow. That is as awkward as it gets. There’s a chance Corbyn will be prime minister now, with a lot more public appearances, so he better practice.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]