- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content 5 Years Ago
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants 5 Years Ago
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted 5 Years Ago
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
- Instagram artist accused of faking her paintings says they’re ‘100%’ real Today 11:33 AM
- Trump refuses to apologize for Central Park Five death penalty ads Today 11:08 AM
Want a Jeep Cherokee? Have a wife? Then this Craigslist user has a deal for you
Think about what you’d have to give him for a Mercedes.
If you are like me and live in a city where gridlock has replaced most new-age religions as your state of being, even ridiculous gas prices can make you yearn for an SUV—you may not be moving, but at least you’re not stuck staring at the dirty back windshield of the Altima in front of you. One entrepreneurial Craigslist user is hoping to capitalize on exactly this, by offering up his 2011 Jeep Cherokee. The cost? A week with your wife.
As Jalopnik first reported, a Houston man with a loose grip on the English language offers a unique proposition:
I have a 4wd Jeep Cherokee. Its is dully loaded and has a which attached to front ranch hand bumper and grill gaurd. It is on a 4 in suspension lift and a 6 inch body lift has 35 mud grip tires(1200) witch has only been on it for two months. The truck only has 48,000 miles on it. i am looking to trade it but I looking for certain things only. I don’t need it but its paid for so O don’t have to sell it. Now here is what I am looking for. A lady( preferable married to how wants the jeep) she mist be 18 to 50 and fit. I give you the jeep and you leave your wife with me for a week. When you come pick her up she have the signed title to the jeep. So if interested send me several photo of the wife and I get right back to you. The photo need to be nude after all she will be for a week.
Given the request for a nude photo, your wife will ostensibly be providing emotional support and tender love and care, perhaps just in an uncomfortably warm climate.
As Jalopnik points out, the cost of a 2011 Jeep Cherokee is around $20,000. The original poster doesn’t specify whether you get to keep the car permanently, or just for the week as collateral to reclaim your spouse, so depending on how much you dislike your wife, this might be a very fair trade.
Image via Aidan/Flickr
Beejoli Shah is a reporter and editor whose work focuses on entertainment, internet culture, and social justice. Her work has been published in Rolling Stone, Cosmopolitan, Fusion, New York Magazine, the Guardian, and BuzzFeed, among others.