- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale 4 Years Ago
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 4 Years Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
When you’re a celebrity who likes to have sex with people who aren’t celebrities, you have to be on the lookout for the partner who may snap a selfie after you’ve fallen into a post-coital coma.
It happened to Justin Bieber in 2013. It happened to NBA star James Harden. It happened to Super Bowl champ Julian Edelman. And it’s why the security details of some mega-celebrities reportedly take a potential hookup’s phone before the intimate encounter so the star won’t be caught in a compromising situation.
But NHL legend Jaromir Jagr? Jaromir Jagr doesn’t care one iota if the 18-year-old model with whom he’s just, um, connected snaps a candid post-sex selfie. And furthermore, the apparently single, 43-year-old Florida Panthers right winger reportedly won’t care if you try to blackmail him with it for the princely sum of $2,000.
He’s not paying any kind of ransom. Therefore, the community at large received this gift.
The model is said to be dating a Czech hockey prospect named Dominik Rudl, who apparently has said that Jagr was his idol. So this flap is not great news for Rudl, and it’s not great news for the model, who has seemingly now been caught cheating without making any money off of it.
It is, however, rather fortuitous for everybody who wanted to use the Instagram hashtag #JagrSelfie.
A photo posted by Michaela Musilová (@_.michaelamusilova._) on
Jagr hasn’t updated his Twitter page in a couple months, but it’s telling that his last tweet described how he doesn’t usually get excited about photo opportunities. Unless it’s with LeBron James, of course.
Guess that unlucky model is nowhere near James’ league.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.