- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
When you’re a celebrity who likes to have sex with people who aren’t celebrities, you have to be on the lookout for the partner who may snap a selfie after you’ve fallen into a post-coital coma.
It happened to Justin Bieber in 2013. It happened to NBA star James Harden. It happened to Super Bowl champ Julian Edelman. And it’s why the security details of some mega-celebrities reportedly take a potential hookup’s phone before the intimate encounter so the star won’t be caught in a compromising situation.
But NHL legend Jaromir Jagr? Jaromir Jagr doesn’t care one iota if the 18-year-old model with whom he’s just, um, connected snaps a candid post-sex selfie. And furthermore, the apparently single, 43-year-old Florida Panthers right winger reportedly won’t care if you try to blackmail him with it for the princely sum of $2,000.
He’s not paying any kind of ransom. Therefore, the community at large received this gift.
The model is said to be dating a Czech hockey prospect named Dominik Rudl, who apparently has said that Jagr was his idol. So this flap is not great news for Rudl, and it’s not great news for the model, who has seemingly now been caught cheating without making any money off of it.
It is, however, rather fortuitous for everybody who wanted to use the Instagram hashtag #JagrSelfie.
A photo posted by Michaela Musilová (@_.michaelamusilova._) on
Jagr hasn’t updated his Twitter page in a couple months, but it’s telling that his last tweet described how he doesn’t usually get excited about photo opportunities. Unless it’s with LeBron James, of course.
Guess that unlucky model is nowhere near James’ league.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.