- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video 6 Years Ago
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
‘Japan World Cup 3’: Everything’s made up and the points don’t matter
Japan’s reputation for all things WTF is well-earned, and Japan World Cup 3 proves it.
Over the years, Japan has earned a reputation for producing some of the most bizarre and highly entertaining content on the planet. Thanks to games like Japan World Cup 3, it’s easy to see why.
Originally released in 2011, Japan World Cup is a computer-generated Web browser game in which players bet on the outcomes races that feature jockeys riding anything from a Trojan horse to a Yeti. In 2012, these predetermined scenes were compiled into three DVDs (a copy of Japan World Cup 3 can be purchased for $34.49 on Amazon).
To say that the racing sequences are absurd would be an understatement. In May 2013, Hightower and AxialMatt of the Achievement Hunter Community Video channel uploaded a five-minute clip with footage from the third DVD to YouTube. The insanity of the game—which features a horse on its hind legs doing the Charleston as well as a limousine equine with multiple naked jockeys on its back—coupled with the hilarious reaction heard on the voice overs, is a great recipe for laughs.
The redditors’ reactions to Japan World Cup 3 were basically the same ones I had.
“I mean, I accept wtf out of Japan on a daily basis, but this… I don’t even. How tf is this a ‘game’?” asked a baffled fatkiddown.
“Game of the year, all years,” added jinxs2026.
“Get DVD, TV, friends, beer,” suggested Smachface. “Bet sips of beer (for added fun, create and print Horse Bux in MSpaint for throwing and stacking. Have the best night.”
That’s precisely what I’ll be doing this Friday.
Photo via AH Community/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.