- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free 5 Years Ago
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Today 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
‘Japan World Cup 3’: Everything’s made up and the points don’t matter
Japan’s reputation for all things WTF is well-earned, and Japan World Cup 3 proves it.
Over the years, Japan has earned a reputation for producing some of the most bizarre and highly entertaining content on the planet. Thanks to games like Japan World Cup 3, it’s easy to see why.
Originally released in 2011, Japan World Cup is a computer-generated Web browser game in which players bet on the outcomes races that feature jockeys riding anything from a Trojan horse to a Yeti. In 2012, these predetermined scenes were compiled into three DVDs (a copy of Japan World Cup 3 can be purchased for $34.49 on Amazon).
To say that the racing sequences are absurd would be an understatement. In May 2013, Hightower and AxialMatt of the Achievement Hunter Community Video channel uploaded a five-minute clip with footage from the third DVD to YouTube. The insanity of the game—which features a horse on its hind legs doing the Charleston as well as a limousine equine with multiple naked jockeys on its back—coupled with the hilarious reaction heard on the voice overs, is a great recipe for laughs.
The redditors’ reactions to Japan World Cup 3 were basically the same ones I had.
“I mean, I accept wtf out of Japan on a daily basis, but this… I don’t even. How tf is this a ‘game’?” asked a baffled fatkiddown.
“Game of the year, all years,” added jinxs2026.
“Get DVD, TV, friends, beer,” suggested Smachface. “Bet sips of beer (for added fun, create and print Horse Bux in MSpaint for throwing and stacking. Have the best night.”
That’s precisely what I’ll be doing this Friday.
Photo via AH Community/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.