- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Today 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Today 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Today 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Today 12:08 PM
- Trump at the start of Mueller investigation: ‘I’m f*cked’ Today 11:19 AM
- Joe Rogan’s podcast has a serious women problem Today 11:10 AM
- The best Mother’s Day gifts for every budget Today 11:04 AM
- Dog watches the digging of its own grave—and Twitter is shook Today 10:30 AM
- Why Marvel changed the way we think about movie franchises Today 10:28 AM
- 13 thoughtful Mother’s Day gifts to fully pamper mom Today 10:00 AM
- George Zimmerman is looking for ‘carefree fun’ on Tinder (updated) Today 9:54 AM
- Trump responds with a ‘Game of Thrones’ meme to the Mueller report Today 9:43 AM
- A new tool lets you track candidate spending on Facebook—and Trump is crushing Democrats Today 8:59 AM
- George Lucas helped direct ‘Game of Thrones’—and he’s not a Jon Snow fan Today 8:05 AM
- Conspiracy theorists got me suspended from Twitter—and now I understand them better Today 7:29 AM
‘Japan World Cup 3’: Everything’s made up and the points don’t matter
Japan’s reputation for all things WTF is well-earned, and Japan World Cup 3 proves it.
Over the years, Japan has earned a reputation for producing some of the most bizarre and highly entertaining content on the planet. Thanks to games like Japan World Cup 3, it’s easy to see why.
Originally released in 2011, Japan World Cup is a computer-generated Web browser game in which players bet on the outcomes races that feature jockeys riding anything from a Trojan horse to a Yeti. In 2012, these predetermined scenes were compiled into three DVDs (a copy of Japan World Cup 3 can be purchased for $34.49 on Amazon).
To say that the racing sequences are absurd would be an understatement. In May 2013, Hightower and AxialMatt of the Achievement Hunter Community Video channel uploaded a five-minute clip with footage from the third DVD to YouTube. The insanity of the game—which features a horse on its hind legs doing the Charleston as well as a limousine equine with multiple naked jockeys on its back—coupled with the hilarious reaction heard on the voice overs, is a great recipe for laughs.
The redditors’ reactions to Japan World Cup 3 were basically the same ones I had.
“I mean, I accept wtf out of Japan on a daily basis, but this… I don’t even. How tf is this a ‘game’?” asked a baffled fatkiddown.
“Game of the year, all years,” added jinxs2026.
“Get DVD, TV, friends, beer,” suggested Smachface. “Bet sips of beer (for added fun, create and print Horse Bux in MSpaint for throwing and stacking. Have the best night.”
That’s precisely what I’ll be doing this Friday.
Photo via AH Community/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.