- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
- Black model speaks out after fashion show featured racist accessories Thursday 12:14 PM
- CBS to launch ‘House of Brands’ to bulk up streaming Thursday 11:57 AM
‘Japan World Cup 3’: Everything’s made up and the points don’t matter
Japan’s reputation for all things WTF is well-earned, and Japan World Cup 3 proves it.
Over the years, Japan has earned a reputation for producing some of the most bizarre and highly entertaining content on the planet. Thanks to games like Japan World Cup 3, it’s easy to see why.
Originally released in 2011, Japan World Cup is a computer-generated Web browser game in which players bet on the outcomes races that feature jockeys riding anything from a Trojan horse to a Yeti. In 2012, these predetermined scenes were compiled into three DVDs (a copy of Japan World Cup 3 can be purchased for $34.49 on Amazon).
To say that the racing sequences are absurd would be an understatement. In May 2013, Hightower and AxialMatt of the Achievement Hunter Community Video channel uploaded a five-minute clip with footage from the third DVD to YouTube. The insanity of the game—which features a horse on its hind legs doing the Charleston as well as a limousine equine with multiple naked jockeys on its back—coupled with the hilarious reaction heard on the voice overs, is a great recipe for laughs.
The redditors’ reactions to Japan World Cup 3 were basically the same ones I had.
“I mean, I accept wtf out of Japan on a daily basis, but this… I don’t even. How tf is this a ‘game’?” asked a baffled fatkiddown.
“Game of the year, all years,” added jinxs2026.
“Get DVD, TV, friends, beer,” suggested Smachface. “Bet sips of beer (for added fun, create and print Horse Bux in MSpaint for throwing and stacking. Have the best night.”
That’s precisely what I’ll be doing this Friday.
Photo via AH Community/YouTube
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.