- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
The future of feces.
Do you ever take a second after taking a dump to really think about your poop? Feces are way more complicated than your typical ponder on the throne. One toilet is even hoping to put a smart spin on defecation.
Introducing the Ideaing Smart Toilet: the latest gadget from tech companies to analyze a bodily function that Fitbits can’t track—pooping. At its core, the bowl is a “smart health device,” according to Ideaing’s website.
By using the web-enabled app, those that grace the seat with their bottoms can get analysis of “the content of their excrement including color, fiber content, weight, taste, blood sugar, and BAC.” Basically, a bunch of shit that you never really thought about.
Oh, and if you’re interested, there’s even a live video feed at the bottom. Don’t forget to glam up the seat with one of the toilet’s various customizations available, as seen in the picture below. Cheetah print: so cute!
If those fun features weren’t enough, there’s even a social media component built in. You can share your poop results with your online networks. Open poop talk is the best kind of poop talk.
This toilet of the future comes at quite the cost. It’s just under $25,000. I’m not sure what’s more surprising: the actual price or the fact that a man named Stuart Campbell has already purchased one and left the comment, “I got one of these and it’s changed my life!”
For all that it offers, the shittiest part of this piece of tech is its steep price.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.