- Yes, Tifa’s breasts are smaller in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Here’s why Today 1:33 PM
- Google admits bug could let people spy on Nest cameras Today 1:29 PM
- The Trump 2020 bot campaign has begun Today 1:10 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in July 2019 Today 12:39 PM
- Suicides in the U.S. are increasing at terrifying rates Today 12:32 PM
- Hannah’s season of ‘The Bachelorette’ goes up in smoke amid drama, receipts Today 12:27 PM
- Homophobic pastor blocked from hosting event at Cracker Barrel Today 12:01 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in July 2019 Today 12:01 PM
- Biden faces backlash for remarks about working with segregationist senators Today 10:58 AM
- J.J. Abrams’ 20-year-old son is writing Marvel’s new Spider-Man comic Today 10:55 AM
- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ Today 10:12 AM
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
‘We will be rooting for evil.’
The cast of Disney’s live-action remake of Aladdin appeared on the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s latest issue on Wednesday, giving fans their first look at how the characters will be brought to life. Fans were quick to notice that our villain, Jafar, who was formerly animated and evil is hot in this remake.
Marwan Kenzari, who is now being referred to on Twitter as “Hot Jafar,” is a Tunisian-Dutch actor. And everyone’s new favorite person to thirst after. In the photo released today, Jafar is seen wearing his iconic black, red, and gold robes. He looks much hotter than he does evil, which is what has people confused.
“Hot Jafar is the best thing about the upcoming live-action Aladdin,” one person said.
Hot Jafar is the best thing about the upcoming live-action Aladdin. pic.twitter.com/PpaOIzYiRN
— Michael Blackmon (@blackmon) December 19, 2018
“Hot Jafarar … we WILL be rooting for evil,” another person wrote.
hot jafar … we WILL be rooting for evil pic.twitter.com/Z1RTGK4pkX
— inej ghafa stan (@shimmerybitch) December 19, 2018
Others say animated Jafar was just as hot. “Jafar was always hot,” someone pointed out.
Jafar was always hot.
— Molly Fitzpatrick (@mollyfitz) December 19, 2018
Others expressed confusion. How are we supposed to root for the good guy when the evil one is so attractive?
“Confused how I feel about this hot Jafar,” someone said.
confused how i feel about this hot jafar https://t.co/UPf4TO5hNa
— Mina (@radm29) December 19, 2018
“I hope Aladdin’s acting is phenomenal, otherwise I’m going to be cheering for Jafar based on his hotness alone,” someone said on Twitter.
I hope Aladdin's acting is phenomenal, otherwise I'm going to be cheering for Jafar based on his hotness alone.
— Janelle Belgrave L.Ac (@JSoAbove) December 19, 2018
But many are still on board with the hot villain. “Nothing but respect for MY hot Jafar,” writer Anne Cohen said.
Nothing but respect for MY hot Jafar pic.twitter.com/uGR1xCqPZ6
— Anne Cohen (@anneesthercohen) December 19, 2018
We’re only a few months away from seeing hot Jafar in all his glory on the big screen. Aladdin is set to release on May 24.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.