- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Guy Fieri stuffing his face to Johnny Cash’s ‘Hurt’ is spiritually devastating
‘I will let you down, I will make you hurt.’
Looks like even the Mayor of Flavortown can’t escape humankind’s tendency to inflict pain upon itself.
Creative genius Mayor Wertz has cooked up this amazing video of Diners, Drive-Ins and Drives icon Guy Fieri chowing down to Johnny Cash’s cover of “Hurt.” Watch as Cash’s sultry voice and the melancholy lyrics of the song wash over you as the bleach-blonde restaurateur stuffs his mouth with cheeseburgers, burritos, and more.
There’s just something so powerful hearing Cash croon, “I will let you down, I will make you hurt” as Fieri gorges himself. Like, some sort of anguish in his eyes is completely revealed as he comes to grips with all the suffering that he has brought to his audience.
Because we all know how much Fieri’s catchphrases have hurt us.
H/T A.V. Club
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.