- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
Golfer accidentally hits himself between the legs with his ball
That’s gotta hurt.
During the first round of the Sunshine Tour’s Vodacom Origins, pro golfer Jacques Kruyswijk’s ball wound up next to a tree and he prepared to hit a simple escape shot.
From what I’ve seen of golf, this happens all the time, and it rarely results in groin injury. But when Kruyswijk swung, the laws of physics conspired against him, and the ball bounced off a tree and gnashed his crown jewels.
Now, what are the odds of a ball ricocheting off a tree stump and hitting him in the nuts at full speed? Presumably they are very low. Clearly, Jacques Kruyswijk is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa, because this painful experience also occurred on live television, letting him relive it for the rest of his life.
The world watched in horror (and perhaps delight) as he fell to ground, clutching his gonads and groaning in agony for the little Kruyswijks that will never see the light of day. And as if stifling his fertility weren’t enough, Kruyswijk was penalized a shot for coming into contact with the ball, ultimately leading to a triple-bogey 7. He went on to tie the day at 18th place.
As we mentioned, he is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa. So, as a tribute to him, here is a compilation of the most painful ball shots in sports history.
Screengrab via Sunshine_Tour/Twitter
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.