- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Golfer accidentally hits himself between the legs with his ball
That’s gotta hurt.
During the first round of the Sunshine Tour’s Vodacom Origins, pro golfer Jacques Kruyswijk’s ball wound up next to a tree and he prepared to hit a simple escape shot.
From what I’ve seen of golf, this happens all the time, and it rarely results in groin injury. But when Kruyswijk swung, the laws of physics conspired against him, and the ball bounced off a tree and gnashed his crown jewels.
Now, what are the odds of a ball ricocheting off a tree stump and hitting him in the nuts at full speed? Presumably they are very low. Clearly, Jacques Kruyswijk is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa, because this painful experience also occurred on live television, letting him relive it for the rest of his life.
The world watched in horror (and perhaps delight) as he fell to ground, clutching his gonads and groaning in agony for the little Kruyswijks that will never see the light of day. And as if stifling his fertility weren’t enough, Kruyswijk was penalized a shot for coming into contact with the ball, ultimately leading to a triple-bogey 7. He went on to tie the day at 18th place.
As we mentioned, he is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa. So, as a tribute to him, here is a compilation of the most painful ball shots in sports history.
Screengrab via Sunshine_Tour/Twitter
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.