- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Golfer accidentally hits himself between the legs with his ball
That’s gotta hurt.
During the first round of the Sunshine Tour’s Vodacom Origins, pro golfer Jacques Kruyswijk’s ball wound up next to a tree and he prepared to hit a simple escape shot.
From what I’ve seen of golf, this happens all the time, and it rarely results in groin injury. But when Kruyswijk swung, the laws of physics conspired against him, and the ball bounced off a tree and gnashed his crown jewels.
Now, what are the odds of a ball ricocheting off a tree stump and hitting him in the nuts at full speed? Presumably they are very low. Clearly, Jacques Kruyswijk is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa, because this painful experience also occurred on live television, letting him relive it for the rest of his life.
The world watched in horror (and perhaps delight) as he fell to ground, clutching his gonads and groaning in agony for the little Kruyswijks that will never see the light of day. And as if stifling his fertility weren’t enough, Kruyswijk was penalized a shot for coming into contact with the ball, ultimately leading to a triple-bogey 7. He went on to tie the day at 18th place.
As we mentioned, he is the unluckiest man in all of South Africa. So, as a tribute to him, here is a compilation of the most painful ball shots in sports history.
Screengrab via Sunshine_Tour/Twitter
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.