- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs 4 Years Ago
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Today 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Today 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Today 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Today 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
It feels like teens nowadays are staging the most elaborate promposals in hopes of going viral. While one guy simply aimed for your standard level of adorable, his plan has now caught the Internet’s attention—thanks to one hungry giraffe.
Fayetteville High School student Trey Coulter went with a giraffe theme to ask Gabbie Foster to the end-of-the-year dance. He offered up a charming stuffed version of the long-necked animal, some yellow flowers, and a sign that read “It might be a STRETCH but it would giraffe me crazy if we couldn’t go to PROM,” while at a location where perhaps some real-life giraffes are kept.
It seems all went according to plan, but as the two teens were posing for pics, one of the hoofed friends got a little hungry.
The tweet has gotten over 2,600 retweets and 5,500 likes since being posted on Sunday. What truly makes the picture is Foster’s face when the giraffe goes in for a bite of her flowers. It really captures so many emotions.
It’s unclear whether or not the giraffe will also be crashing the prom. With all those corsages, it’d practically be a buffet for the animal.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.