- People have much love for the all-women moderator panel at the presidential debate Wednesday 10:03 PM
- Kamala Harris: Trump ‘got punked’ by North Korea Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Biden on domestic violence: We need to keep ‘punching’ Wednesday 9:47 PM
- Amy Klobuchar says she raised $17,000 from ex-boyfriends Wednesday 9:16 PM
- Trump’s campaign is a fan of Tulsi Gabbard’s attack on the Democratic party Wednesday 9:07 PM
- 50 Cent makes Instagram return with transphobic meme Wednesday 8:34 PM
- Lyft driver attacks female passenger after she refused to turn off music Wednesday 7:30 PM
- J.J. Watt posted his phone number online, wants fans to text him Wednesday 6:22 PM
- How a normal redditor becomes a conspiracy theorist Wednesday 5:48 PM
- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice Wednesday 5:43 PM
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos Wednesday 5:40 PM
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public Wednesday 4:56 PM
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Wednesday 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Wednesday 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Wednesday 3:56 PM
It feels like teens nowadays are staging the most elaborate promposals in hopes of going viral. While one guy simply aimed for your standard level of adorable, his plan has now caught the Internet’s attention—thanks to one hungry giraffe.
Fayetteville High School student Trey Coulter went with a giraffe theme to ask Gabbie Foster to the end-of-the-year dance. He offered up a charming stuffed version of the long-necked animal, some yellow flowers, and a sign that read “It might be a STRETCH but it would giraffe me crazy if we couldn’t go to PROM,” while at a location where perhaps some real-life giraffes are kept.
It seems all went according to plan, but as the two teens were posing for pics, one of the hoofed friends got a little hungry.
The tweet has gotten over 2,600 retweets and 5,500 likes since being posted on Sunday. What truly makes the picture is Foster’s face when the giraffe goes in for a bite of her flowers. It really captures so many emotions.
It’s unclear whether or not the giraffe will also be crashing the prom. With all those corsages, it’d practically be a buffet for the animal.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.