- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
A new video from former Vine star and professional dancer Casey Frey has struck a chord with people online who have quickly turned it into countless memes.
Prior to Vine’s deletion in Jan. 2017, Frey had over 250,000 followers on the app. Since then, Frey has taken to Instagram and YouTube. In his new videos, he usually plays the character of an exaggerated bro to surreal results.
Frey’s new video, “Get tf out my way type way,” displays his versatility as he plays all three characters in the sketch. As a version of himself wearing sunglasses mocks Frey for chopping wood and dancing, a third Frey donning an open button-up and a bucket hat takes notice and intervenes.
Some have pointed out what could possibly the hidden narrative of the video while others are using it to highlight man’s tendencies to self-sabotage: “the more i watch this the more i realize this is about the worker’s revolution,” someone tweeted.
It’s not likely that deep. It’s just a funny sketch with a built-in catchphrase.
the more i watch this the more i realize this is about the worker’s revolution https://t.co/LOft5P3jnQ— bayesian analysis stan account (@mothypal) June 3, 2019
john marshall’s— viking (@notviking) June 4, 2019
ruling that the andrew
government can’t jackson
take land from
native americans pic.twitter.com/8bOPPk1AKR
my bank account me pic.twitter.com/p5OkftOdd3— dani ♡ (@freakin_dani) June 6, 2019
my sleep schedule me at 2am— sassy sunflower (@amandaasette) June 5, 2019
entire bedroom pic.twitter.com/VQ77G32EOS
me, hoping to escape— cathedral slut. (@shelbyshipley_) June 5, 2019
this casey frey video
and my compulsion to
watch it every time it
shows up in my feed this meme pic.twitter.com/PYqWabLsNi
The song featured in the video is “GOMF” by DVBBS featuring Bridge. Frey also stars in the official music video for the song.
It’s silly, light, and people like it. It’s easy to screengrab into reaction stills. In short, it’s a hit.
- Jordan Peele’s next bout of inspiration might just come from that creepy, viral sorority video
- Far-right activist Based Amy bloodies herself attempting to pop baby Trump balloon
- Real reporter responds to PewDiePie meme about ‘killing’ Poppy Gloria
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.