- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ 5 Years Ago
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
FAMU marching band forms Kermit the Frog meme during halftime show
This band’s performance may be the best ever. But that’s none of our business.
Florida A&M University has a legendary marching band. Yet for the past few years the attention on it has been mostly negative. This past weekend, however, the FAMU band got everyone talking about its incredible moving formations. Most notable was the band forming a Kermit the Frog meme, “But that’s none of my business” formation.
On Saturday, the Marching 100—the official name of the Florida A&M University marching band—took to the field during halftime of the Florida Classic football game between FAMU and Bethune-Cookman University. With the game scoreless at halftime, the Marching 100 sought to inject some life into the struggling Rattlers and their fans by putting on one of the best marching band shows you’ll see anywhere in the country. Among other formations the band performed the Love Rollercoaster and The Nae Nae Dance, a crowd favorite.
But it was its “Kermit drinking tea” formation (seen at the 3:00 mark) that really got people talking. The formation was executed flawlessly and the meme is immediately recognizable. It’s hard to make out from the audio, but the announcer probably made a “…but that’s none of my business” joke at Bethune-Cookman’s expense.
The Florida A&M football team ended up losing the Florida Classic in overtime on a pretty crazy two-point conversion, but there’s no question that its marching band won the halftime showdown with this performance.
Screengrab via Eight To Five Entertainment/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.