- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
FAMU marching band forms Kermit the Frog meme during halftime show
This band’s performance may be the best ever. But that’s none of our business.
Florida A&M University has a legendary marching band. Yet for the past few years the attention on it has been mostly negative. This past weekend, however, the FAMU band got everyone talking about its incredible moving formations. Most notable was the band forming a Kermit the Frog meme, “But that’s none of my business” formation.
On Saturday, the Marching 100—the official name of the Florida A&M University marching band—took to the field during halftime of the Florida Classic football game between FAMU and Bethune-Cookman University. With the game scoreless at halftime, the Marching 100 sought to inject some life into the struggling Rattlers and their fans by putting on one of the best marching band shows you’ll see anywhere in the country. Among other formations the band performed the Love Rollercoaster and The Nae Nae Dance, a crowd favorite.
But it was its “Kermit drinking tea” formation (seen at the 3:00 mark) that really got people talking. The formation was executed flawlessly and the meme is immediately recognizable. It’s hard to make out from the audio, but the announcer probably made a “…but that’s none of my business” joke at Bethune-Cookman’s expense.
The Florida A&M football team ended up losing the Florida Classic in overtime on a pretty crazy two-point conversion, but there’s no question that its marching band won the halftime showdown with this performance.
Screengrab via Eight To Five Entertainment/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.