- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 5 Years Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
FAMU marching band forms Kermit the Frog meme during halftime show
This band’s performance may be the best ever. But that’s none of our business.
Florida A&M University has a legendary marching band. Yet for the past few years the attention on it has been mostly negative. This past weekend, however, the FAMU band got everyone talking about its incredible moving formations. Most notable was the band forming a Kermit the Frog meme, “But that’s none of my business” formation.
On Saturday, the Marching 100—the official name of the Florida A&M University marching band—took to the field during halftime of the Florida Classic football game between FAMU and Bethune-Cookman University. With the game scoreless at halftime, the Marching 100 sought to inject some life into the struggling Rattlers and their fans by putting on one of the best marching band shows you’ll see anywhere in the country. Among other formations the band performed the Love Rollercoaster and The Nae Nae Dance, a crowd favorite.
But it was its “Kermit drinking tea” formation (seen at the 3:00 mark) that really got people talking. The formation was executed flawlessly and the meme is immediately recognizable. It’s hard to make out from the audio, but the announcer probably made a “…but that’s none of my business” joke at Bethune-Cookman’s expense.
The Florida A&M football team ended up losing the Florida Classic in overtime on a pretty crazy two-point conversion, but there’s no question that its marching band won the halftime showdown with this performance.
Screengrab via Eight To Five Entertainment/YouTube
Ikenna Anyoku was a contributor to the Daily Dot from 2014 to 2016 focusing on viral news and entertainment. He now works as a staff attorney for the Legal Aid Society in New York.