- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 1 Year Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 1 Year Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 1 Year Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 1 Year Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
In case you missed it, Elon Musk recently tweeted a request for “ur dankest memes”.
Send me ur dankest memes!!— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 25, 2018
Tsk Tsk Elon, you can’t just ask for dank memes. Dank memes must come to you.
There were some pretty great responses to the billionaire’s request, although few would qualify as a dank meme.
Now Reddit, home of the dankest of memes, has decided to troll Musk by posting memes about him assuming he has a fake account and is monitoring them.
Or, you know, maybe they don’t actually believe that and they’re just having fun pretending. When it comes to Reddit, and especially Reddit meme groups, it’s really impossible to know.
Elon Musk rn from dankmemes
Some people seem to think he’s hiding behind that not-so-subtle username ElongatedMuskrat, an account that’s been around since December of 2014.
This is older than Musk’s official Reddit account, which was created in January of 2015. That account hasn’t been active in over two years, though.
So what’s really going on here? On the one hand, it’s hard to believe that the CEO of a company that makes spaceships has the time to sit around on Reddit monitoring it for dank memes. Then again, he can’t seem to shut up on Twitter and he’s pretty much the definition of eccentric. If Musk actually is active on Reddit using a “secret” account, he’ll probably let us know soon.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.