- Trump accuses Jewish Democrats of having ‘great disloyalty’ or a ‘lack of knowledge’ Tuesday 8:02 PM
- 1 million ‘anonymous’ users of popular porn site exposed in breach Tuesday 6:56 PM
- Khloé Kardashian angers followers with a calorie-counting joke about True Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Spider-Man may no longer be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tuesday 5:28 PM
- Robert De Niro’s company is suing ex-employee for binge-watching Netflix at work Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Intentionally misgendering a character could get you banned from Borderlands 3 Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Facebook pulls Trump re-election ad for targeting ‘strong women’ Tuesday 4:03 PM
- Kamala Harris says she will restore net neutrality if elected Tuesday 3:16 PM
- All 8 of the ‘Rocky’ movies, ranked Tuesday 2:50 PM
- Everything you need to know about the Facebook conservative bias report Tuesday 2:35 PM
- Study links emoji use to more sex Tuesday 2:10 PM
- The chicken sandwich war is in full throttle on Twitter Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Sextuplets’ proves Marlon Wayans is no Eddie Murphy—or even Mike Myers Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Facebook is finally rolling out its clear history tool Tuesday 1:13 PM
- ‘Theater etiquette’ tweets surge after YouTuber cast in ‘Waitress’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
Good news everyone, the bizarre Elon Musk–Grimes pairing is still a thing—which has been eclipsed in recent weeks by everything from the Tesla mogul handing out flamethrowers to private citizens, to trying to intervene in the rescue of a soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand, and then insinuating that the real hero of the trapped team was a pedophile.
That would be a lot going on for most normal mortal human people, but it’s seemingly all in a day’s work for Musk.
Getting back to the odd coupling that most people—Weird Al included—are still trying to wrap their heads around. The following photo—taken earlier this week at the 2018 Space X Hyperloop Pod Competition in Hawthorne, California—of Musk with Grimes and one of his sons is making its way around the internet.
I am yelling pic.twitter.com/hkb1A906Gy— nolan (@auntanxiety) July 24, 2018
People began retweeting the photo, and there were a lot of jokes about Musk, who is 47, and 30-year-old Grimes.
The phrase "meet my stepmom, Grimes" is looping in my head like a piece of bad code https://t.co/PPSfLhj1HA— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) July 25, 2018
Nice to see that Elon got custody of Grimes on the weekends https://t.co/ofeAyMDlrC— Keifer? I Hardly Know Her (@DannyVegito) July 25, 2018
A lot of people also had the same observation: Grimes looks like his daughter in the photo.
i...... literally thought grimes was his daughter at first https://t.co/lJRBiOKnGn— nathan e. smith (@trillmoregirls) July 25, 2018
Grimes looks like his daughter from a past marriage wtf https://t.co/GJKPfoQpIf— ouch (@ajhunt__) July 25, 2018
I thought this was his daughter https://t.co/rGuxDQTXQp— 4th & 12 converter (@emotionalpimp) July 25, 2018
i had to look at the replies to figure out what was so notable about this pic of a father with his children and now i can’t feel my legs https://t.co/GWMltT0COz— grace “girlfriend of noah” centineo (@oneofthosefaces) July 25, 2018
And at least one person subtly remarked on the noticeably different appearance Grimes (real name, Claire Elise Boucher) is now sporting—complete with lighter hair and pink … is that gingham??
she went from grimes to claire real quick https://t.co/jdjq2ycZvE— angel (@angelsdiamandis) July 25, 2018
The photo even made it to the Humans of Late Capitalism Twitter account:
This is fine. Nothing to see here, it’s all just going to turn out fine.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.