- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
- Laura Loomer vehemently denies being author of new Laura Loomer-themed action novel Friday 12:30 PM
- PewDiePie’s poop-inspired game gets banned by Apple Friday 11:29 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners to adapt ‘Lovecraft’ graphic novel to screen Friday 11:00 AM
- The 50 memes that defined the decade Friday 10:45 AM
- Venmo users are getting harassed with fraudulent payment requests Friday 10:38 AM
Good news everyone, the bizarre Elon Musk–Grimes pairing is still a thing—which has been eclipsed in recent weeks by everything from the Tesla mogul handing out flamethrowers to private citizens, to trying to intervene in the rescue of a soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand, and then insinuating that the real hero of the trapped team was a pedophile.
That would be a lot going on for most normal mortal human people, but it’s seemingly all in a day’s work for Musk.
Getting back to the odd coupling that most people—Weird Al included—are still trying to wrap their heads around. The following photo—taken earlier this week at the 2018 Space X Hyperloop Pod Competition in Hawthorne, California—of Musk with Grimes and one of his sons is making its way around the internet.
I am yelling pic.twitter.com/hkb1A906Gy— nolan (@auntanxiety) July 24, 2018
People began retweeting the photo, and there were a lot of jokes about Musk, who is 47, and 30-year-old Grimes.
The phrase "meet my stepmom, Grimes" is looping in my head like a piece of bad code https://t.co/PPSfLhj1HA— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) July 25, 2018
Nice to see that Elon got custody of Grimes on the weekends https://t.co/ofeAyMDlrC— Keifer? I Hardly Know Her (@DannyVegito) July 25, 2018
A lot of people also had the same observation: Grimes looks like his daughter in the photo.
i...... literally thought grimes was his daughter at first https://t.co/lJRBiOKnGn— nathan e. smith (@trillmoregirls) July 25, 2018
Grimes looks like his daughter from a past marriage wtf https://t.co/GJKPfoQpIf— ouch (@ajhunt__) July 25, 2018
I thought this was his daughter https://t.co/rGuxDQTXQp— 4th & 12 converter (@emotionalpimp) July 25, 2018
i had to look at the replies to figure out what was so notable about this pic of a father with his children and now i can’t feel my legs https://t.co/GWMltT0COz— grace “girlfriend of noah” centineo (@oneofthosefaces) July 25, 2018
And at least one person subtly remarked on the noticeably different appearance Grimes (real name, Claire Elise Boucher) is now sporting—complete with lighter hair and pink … is that gingham??
she went from grimes to claire real quick https://t.co/jdjq2ycZvE— angel (@angelsdiamandis) July 25, 2018
The photo even made it to the Humans of Late Capitalism Twitter account:
This is fine. Nothing to see here, it’s all just going to turn out fine.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.