- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Thursday 10:09 AM
Everyone thinks Grimes looks like Elon Musk’s daughter in this photo
Sky Cinema/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Good news everyone, the bizarre Elon Musk–Grimes pairing is still a thing—which has been eclipsed in recent weeks by everything from the Tesla mogul handing out flamethrowers to private citizens, to trying to intervene in the rescue of a soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand, and then insinuating that the real hero of the trapped team was a pedophile.
That would be a lot going on for most normal mortal human people, but it’s seemingly all in a day’s work for Musk.
Getting back to the odd coupling that most people—Weird Al included—are still trying to wrap their heads around. The following photo—taken earlier this week at the 2018 Space X Hyperloop Pod Competition in Hawthorne, California—of Musk with Grimes and one of his sons is making its way around the internet.
I am yelling pic.twitter.com/hkb1A906Gy
— nolan (@auntanxiety) July 24, 2018
People began retweeting the photo, and there were a lot of jokes about Musk, who is 47, and 30-year-old Grimes.
The phrase "meet my stepmom, Grimes" is looping in my head like a piece of bad code https://t.co/PPSfLhj1HA
— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) July 25, 2018
Nice to see that Elon got custody of Grimes on the weekends https://t.co/ofeAyMDlrC
— Keifer? I Hardly Know Her (@DannyVegito) July 25, 2018
A lot of people also had the same observation: Grimes looks like his daughter in the photo.
i…… literally thought grimes was his daughter at first https://t.co/lJRBiOKnGn
— nathan e. smith (@trillmoregirls) July 25, 2018
Grimes looks like his daughter from a past marriage wtf https://t.co/GJKPfoQpIf
— ouch (@ajhunt__) July 25, 2018
I thought this was his daughter https://t.co/rGuxDQTXQp
— 4th & 12 converter (@emotionalpimp) July 25, 2018
i had to look at the replies to figure out what was so notable about this pic of a father with his children and now i can’t feel my legs https://t.co/GWMltT0COz
— grace “girlfriend of noah” centineo (@oneofthosefaces) July 25, 2018
And at least one person subtly remarked on the noticeably different appearance Grimes (real name, Claire Elise Boucher) is now sporting—complete with lighter hair and pink … is that gingham??
she went from grimes to claire real quick https://t.co/jdjq2ycZvE
— angel (@angelsdiamandis) July 25, 2018
The photo even made it to the Humans of Late Capitalism Twitter account:
— Humans of Late Capitalism 🕊️ (@HumansOfLate) July 25, 2018
This is fine. Nothing to see here, it’s all just going to turn out fine.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.