- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign 2 Years Ago
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Today 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
Good news everyone, the bizarre Elon Musk–Grimes pairing is still a thing—which has been eclipsed in recent weeks by everything from the Tesla mogul handing out flamethrowers to private citizens, to trying to intervene in the rescue of a soccer team trapped in a cave in Thailand, and then insinuating that the real hero of the trapped team was a pedophile.
That would be a lot going on for most normal mortal human people, but it’s seemingly all in a day’s work for Musk.
Getting back to the odd coupling that most people—Weird Al included—are still trying to wrap their heads around. The following photo—taken earlier this week at the 2018 Space X Hyperloop Pod Competition in Hawthorne, California—of Musk with Grimes and one of his sons is making its way around the internet.
I am yelling pic.twitter.com/hkb1A906Gy— nolan (@auntanxiety) July 24, 2018
People began retweeting the photo, and there were a lot of jokes about Musk, who is 47, and 30-year-old Grimes.
The phrase "meet my stepmom, Grimes" is looping in my head like a piece of bad code https://t.co/PPSfLhj1HA— Jeremy Gordon (@jeremypgordon) July 25, 2018
Nice to see that Elon got custody of Grimes on the weekends https://t.co/ofeAyMDlrC— Keifer? I Hardly Know Her (@DannyVegito) July 25, 2018
A lot of people also had the same observation: Grimes looks like his daughter in the photo.
i...... literally thought grimes was his daughter at first https://t.co/lJRBiOKnGn— nathan e. smith (@trillmoregirls) July 25, 2018
Grimes looks like his daughter from a past marriage wtf https://t.co/GJKPfoQpIf— ouch (@ajhunt__) July 25, 2018
I thought this was his daughter https://t.co/rGuxDQTXQp— 4th & 12 converter (@emotionalpimp) July 25, 2018
i had to look at the replies to figure out what was so notable about this pic of a father with his children and now i can’t feel my legs https://t.co/GWMltT0COz— grace “girlfriend of noah” centineo (@oneofthosefaces) July 25, 2018
And at least one person subtly remarked on the noticeably different appearance Grimes (real name, Claire Elise Boucher) is now sporting—complete with lighter hair and pink … is that gingham??
she went from grimes to claire real quick https://t.co/jdjq2ycZvE— angel (@angelsdiamandis) July 25, 2018
The photo even made it to the Humans of Late Capitalism Twitter account:
This is fine. Nothing to see here, it’s all just going to turn out fine.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.