- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad 3 Years Ago
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Today 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Today 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Today 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Today 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Today 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Today 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Today 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Today 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Today 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
Katy Perry is known for her powerful pop anthems. You know them very well. They’re the songs you hear drunk girls singing on any given weekend. The songs you hear on the radio 24/7, in between Drake and Rihanna songs. The songs that inspire you when the last thing you want to be is inspired by a Katy Perry song.
I hate that I like Katy Perry
— pumpkin hoe (@EthanMGarcia) December 24, 2015
Katy’s latest song of empowerment is the official 2016 Olympics theme, “Rise.” With lyrics like “I won’t just conform, no matter how you shake my core” and “Oh, ye of so little faith, don’t doubt it,” you’ll catch yourself embarrassingly singing this at the top of your lungs when you feel like all hope is lost. Besides its obvious digs at Taylor Swift (“When you think the final nail is in, think again”), “Rise” is a song of perseverance when everyone wants to see you fail.
There is someone out there way more inspirational than a Katy Perry song, though. There is someone out there who is the essence of the word “inspiration.” There is someone out there who rose to the occasion in terms of what performance art could—and should—be.
This talented human specimen goes by the name of Ben Ryan Metzger, and Katy Perry wishes she could execute her song as perfectly as he does. He is a singer. He is a songwriter. He is a dancer. He is an actor. All of this and more is addressed on his personal website.
But just look at those kicks. Look at those jumps. Observe the crazy footwork. Watch as he attempts to sing along while working hard to execute spins. Appreciate that he has the audacity to wear knee pads over business slacks. This video has more than 200,000 views and no comments. Actually, it has one comment:
When you’re as talented as Ben Ryan Metzger, commenting on your own videos is just part of the show.