- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
Drug dealer gets new sentence after offensive Facebook post about judge
Think before you post, people.
A drug dealer who received a lax sentence was ordered back to court after his vulgar Facebook post about the judge.
Daniel and Samuel Sledden were selling marijuana out of their home in Accrington, Lancashire, when the two were arrested. After admitting to supplying cannabis from May through September 2014, the brothers each received two-year prison sentences, suspended for two years.
Daniel, 27, promptly logged onto Facebook to taunt Judge Beverly Lunt.
Like everything on the Internet, the post quickly spread, and it wasn’t long before Judge Lunt called Daniel back to Burnley Crown Court for resentencing.
Soon after, Daniel removed his derogatory comment and replaced it with a more humble apologetic post.
But even then, Daniel couldn’t win. One commenter thought that the apology didn’t sound genuine, writing, “Can’t help but feel this status has been forced haha.”
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.