- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
Radio DJ tortures listeners by playing Wham’s ‘Last Christmas’ 24 times in a row
His daughter had to shut it down.
Some people love Christmas songs, and other people really like Christmas songs. Case in point: this radio DJ who barricaded himself inside his station and played Wham’s “Last Christmas” 24 times in a row.
The Independent reports that Joe Kohlhofer, one of the hosts for Austria’s Antennae Carinthia, started his 8am show with a good old-fashioned siege. He blocked the door with a chair, let his co-host know that he was in control for the day, and played the holiday jam on repeat.
Listeners called in and begged him to stop the yuletide assault on their ears. It took almost two hours before Kohlhofer’s daughter personally dialed the radio station and was put on the line, voicing her intense dislike of the song. That’s when the tomfoolery finally ended.
Although the radio station claims that they didn’t know about the stunt, the fact that they covered it heavily on their own website proves otherwise. Kohlhofer isn’t going to get in trouble for the debacle, and next year will look back on the event to chuckle at the thought of last Christmas.
Besides, if he was really trying to get listeners onboard with the marathon, he should’ve gone with the Carly Rae Jepsen version.
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.