- Congress asks Ring for more information about police partnerships 5 Years Ago
- Vlogger who posts behind-the-scenes footage at Disney is in trouble with YouTube 5 Years Ago
- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? Today 8:54 AM
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game Today 8:51 AM
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
This deer chilling out in a swimming pool seems pretty chill
Leave him alone.
The average temperature in Tuscany, Italy, hovers around the 70s in June. That’s hot! It’s especially hot if you’re a deer and you have all that hair on your body (this is also true, of course, for hairy Tuscans).
But one special deer decided to claim his summer and embrace a very chill lifestyle. He chose to go for a cool dip in a swimming pool—a pool presumably meant for humans and not for deer.
What a chill deer though! Look at how the deer is just wading in the water.
What a chill sitch! One can almost imagine a couple of cans of Bud Light Lime just chilling in the deer’s antlers, waiting to be cracked open. SUMMER. Even though this deer was stuck in a situation that it might not have liked to be in, he remained extremely calm and was just very good at being chill.
Naturally, some humans were pretty upset, and according to an Italian news agency, the deer was safely removed from the pool after being tranquilized (depending how you feel about narcotics, this might be even more of a “chill sitch,” but that’s up to you to decide).
If you’re a fan of deer in pools, please note that this is not a strictly Italian phenomenon. In 2010, a YouTube video emerged of a baby deer swimming in a pool on Father’s Day.
This little deer got stuck, and that seems sad.
And in 2014, a California community banded together to help save a deer that was trapped in a pool. There should be more deers in pools, but only if they want to cool down and have a pleasant summer.
Photo via TVL/YouTube
Myles Tanzer is a former contributor to the Daily Dot with an emphasis on technology and viral news. He is currently the Fader's news editor, having previously written and edited for Vogue, BuzzFeed, and Gawker.