- Spotify will soon let you block R. Kelly Monday 6:01 PM
- New Click to Pray app lets you pray with Pope Francis Monday 5:30 PM
- Social media influencer known for hiking in bikinis dead at 36 Monday 4:54 PM
- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Monday 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Monday 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Monday 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Monday 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Monday 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Monday 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Monday 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Monday 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Monday 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Monday 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Monday 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Monday 9:40 AM
Leave him alone.
The average temperature in Tuscany, Italy, hovers around the 70s in June. That’s hot! It’s especially hot if you’re a deer and you have all that hair on your body (this is also true, of course, for hairy Tuscans).
But one special deer decided to claim his summer and embrace a very chill lifestyle. He chose to go for a cool dip in a swimming pool—a pool presumably meant for humans and not for deer.
What a chill deer though! Look at how the deer is just wading in the water.
What a chill sitch! One can almost imagine a couple of cans of Bud Light Lime just chilling in the deer’s antlers, waiting to be cracked open. SUMMER. Even though this deer was stuck in a situation that it might not have liked to be in, he remained extremely calm and was just very good at being chill.
Naturally, some humans were pretty upset, and according to an Italian news agency, the deer was safely removed from the pool after being tranquilized (depending how you feel about narcotics, this might be even more of a “chill sitch,” but that’s up to you to decide).
If you’re a fan of deer in pools, please note that this is not a strictly Italian phenomenon. In 2010, a YouTube video emerged of a baby deer swimming in a pool on Father’s Day.
This little deer got stuck, and that seems sad.
And in 2014, a California community banded together to help save a deer that was trapped in a pool. There should be more deers in pools, but only if they want to cool down and have a pleasant summer.
Photo via TVL/YouTube
Myles Tanzer is a former contributor to the Daily Dot with an emphasis on technology and viral news. He is currently the Fader's news editor, having previously written and edited for Vogue, BuzzFeed, and Gawker.