- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Deadmau5 takes trolling on the road in a Nyan Cat Ferrari
The license plate reads EPICLULZ.
The 8-bit-influenced meme known as Nyan Cat has experienced a surge in popularity thanks to its appearance on the cryptocurrency Nyancoin, and since its creation in 2011, contemporary DJs like Skrillex and Deadmau5 have embraced the video’s BPM-friendly sound and Nyan Cat’s psychedelic Pop Tart trip. For a DJ with enough money to buy a Ferrari 458 Spider, a Nyan Cat wrap is obviously the next logical step.
Deadmau5 hinted at the wrap back in October, via his Instagram page, and he’s apparently entered the car in this year’s Gumball 3000 rally. We would love to see a remake of The Cannonball Run but with wealthy, meme-obsessed DJs.
Of course, the post generated a lot of controversy among Ferrari and Nyan Cat fans.
Deadmau5 later posted this inspirational message to Facebook:
“if you think the car’s bad…you should see what i did you my bathroom wallpaper. Isn’t it fun to do things your own way and just not give a fuck? try it. you’ll like it. i promise.”
And yes, the license plate does read EPICLULZ.
Photo via .RGB./Flickr
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.