- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death 6 Years Ago
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Today 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Today 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Today 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- Vidgo provides competitive streaming options in both English and Spanish Saturday 3:34 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
- Russian YouTubers pretend to be Greta Thunberg, share alleged prank call with Bernie Sanders Saturday 11:07 AM
- TikTok teens are shaving off their eyebrows to ‘look like’ Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid Saturday 10:25 AM
- Wendy’s fires employees over viral TikTok sink bath Saturday 9:05 AM
Deadmau5 takes trolling on the road in a Nyan Cat Ferrari
The license plate reads EPICLULZ.
The 8-bit-influenced meme known as Nyan Cat has experienced a surge in popularity thanks to its appearance on the cryptocurrency Nyancoin, and since its creation in 2011, contemporary DJs like Skrillex and Deadmau5 have embraced the video’s BPM-friendly sound and Nyan Cat’s psychedelic Pop Tart trip. For a DJ with enough money to buy a Ferrari 458 Spider, a Nyan Cat wrap is obviously the next logical step.
Deadmau5 hinted at the wrap back in October, via his Instagram page, and he’s apparently entered the car in this year’s Gumball 3000 rally. We would love to see a remake of The Cannonball Run but with wealthy, meme-obsessed DJs.
Of course, the post generated a lot of controversy among Ferrari and Nyan Cat fans.
Deadmau5 later posted this inspirational message to Facebook:
“if you think the car’s bad…you should see what i did you my bathroom wallpaper. Isn’t it fun to do things your own way and just not give a fuck? try it. you’ll like it. i promise.”
And yes, the license plate does read EPICLULZ.
Photo via .RGB./Flickr
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.