- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
- White rapper punched in the face for saying the N-word during battle Tuesday 9:21 AM
- Hillary Clinton blasts Bernie Sanders, says ‘nobody likes him’ Tuesday 8:57 AM
- Someone found Harry Styles’ doppelganger—and TikTok is obsessed Tuesday 8:08 AM
This CG lizard is out here gettin’ it, y’all. He’s living his best life while dancing to some of the biggest hits around, and we’re all ready to see more.
The @dancinglizardd Twitter account sprang onto the scene with a GIF of this guy dancing his little heart out to a short snippet of an EDM song (3BallMTY ft. América Sierra & El Bebeto’s “Inténtalo,” to be precise).
The tweet garnered plenty of attention, but that dancing lizard wasn’t done. He then decided he was in an alternative mood, taking on Arctic Monkeys’ “Snap Out of It” and “Fluorescent Adolescent.” The lizard’s dance moves seem to work with every song.
Short, sweet. Simple. Nothing too complicated here. It’s a dancing lizard, what more do you want? The brainchild of @ka92 is pure, unadulterated fun.
sNaP oUt oF iT pic.twitter.com/u3sud1zMdU— . (@arcturnerr) September 2, 2018
fluorescent adolescent pic.twitter.com/RQaeMVP6Uy— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 3, 2018
In true meme fashion, our little green friend took on “Despacito” too, because why wouldn’t he?
dEsPaCiTo pic.twitter.com/iFt63T39Sz— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 4, 2018
Of course, you know he had to do it to ’em with “Africa,” one of the best songs of our time.
AFRICA pic.twitter.com/1tybsFxOaP— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 5, 2018
There’s plenty of ’80s appreciation here too, folks.
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go bc we loVE WHAM! pic.twitter.com/pEIiFZulbO— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 5, 2018
the Take On Me intro... pic.twitter.com/KjKW4IZLxQ— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 6, 2018
sweet dreams pic.twitter.com/oyX5w1zXjj— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 6, 2018
Karma Chameleon pic.twitter.com/vkKH4s1iaR— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 7, 2018
We stan a dancing lizard with an appreciation for most musical genres. He certainly won’t be dancing to country music any time soon, though.
just letting u know i will NEVER dance to country music— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 5, 2018
People can’t get enough of this little guy, either. Can you blame them?
YES. pure content just what the doctor ordered— Featuring Ludacris (@achokingrose) September 6, 2018
Can we just appreciate his dance moves tho??— YaBoyRonald (@YaBoyRonald_) September 7, 2018
First dame tu costia, then Howard the alien, and now dancing lizard ?? It went Froms the greys to reptilians real quick. Are aliens telling us how to turn up. My fellow conspiracy theorists, help me— W31RD0 (@w31_rd0) September 6, 2018
and thus, a legend begins— jayna @ GAY RIGHTS (@Kayoramaa) September 7, 2018
What song will the lizard dance to next? It’s a mystery, as he seems to have quite eclectic tastes. You can suggest your favorite tunes via Twitter, which totally isn’t going to get out of hand or anything.
hey what song should i dance to?— dancing lizard (@dancinglizardd) September 4, 2018
Dancing video memes never get old, and this one is still in its infancy. So make sure you think of some good stuff for our little green friend to bust out his dance moves with.
Brittany Vincent has covered gaming, anime, tech, and entertainment for over a decade. When she’s not writing, she’s replaying Um Jammer Lammy or Day of the Tentacle for the hundredth time while pining for a Harvester sequel. Find her on Twitter @MolotovCupcake.