- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
The legacy of Dance Moms lives on. The iconic dance show, which followed Abby Lee Miller and the young dancers of her eponymous dance company, saw its ups and downs over the years. There have been instances of mothers fighting each other, and of course, Miller, verbally attacking both the mothers and her young dancers.
The drama became so much that, for season 7, most of the girls and their mothers walked off the show, leaving Miller and the show to find a whole new set of dancers for its eighth season. But now, one of the former original girls, Brooke Hyland, has reunited with her old dance team on TikTok, though it wasn’t for a dance routine. It was to recreate the moment when her mother Kelly Hyland hit Miller in the face.
The video was reposted to Twitter, where it amassed over 200,000 likes and nearly 40,000 retweets in two days.
I THINK THIS IS THE VIDEO 😂 pic.twitter.com/qvs59AEen9— XXXXXEXXXXX ® (@XXXXXEXXXXX) January 4, 2020
THE GIRLS FROM DANCE MOMS MADE A TIKTOK OF WHEN KELLY HIT ABBY LMFAOOOOOOOOO IM DYING pic.twitter.com/OValg23OkS— mom (@zekesmummy) January 2, 2020
The video also features cameos by former co-stars Kendall Vertes, Nia Sioux, and Hyland’s sister Paige Hyland.
In the comments, Dance Moms fans are reminiscing, as well as sharing some of their favorite moments from the Lifetime show.
“I’ll never understand why gabby tried to bite her finger off,” Twitter user @dome_je wrote.
I'll never understand why gabby tried to bite her finger off 💀😭😂— Domé Je (@dome_je) January 3, 2020
Another pointed out how grown all the girls now look.
Omgggg look at them all grown awww— PrincessJackie👑 (@JacquelynKlein) January 3, 2020
“Lmao I love them so much,” Twitter user @3dogs1baby wrote.
Lmao I love them so much 😂— ☃️❄️🥶βrrrrrrthany 🥶❄️☃️ (@3dogs1baby) January 2, 2020
The girls, who made a name for themselves on the hit show, have gone on to do big things. Maddie Ziegler, one of Miller’s star dancers, is now known for her work with Sia; Jojo Siwa, whose mother always had disagreements with Abby, is now a teen idol in her own right; and Sioux had a brief stint on Bold and the Beautiful.
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.