- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings 3 Years Ago
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend 3 Years Ago
- ‘Ramy’ explores the intersection of Muslim and millennial identities Today 6:30 AM
- The top 10 Sekiro bosses, ranked Today 6:00 AM
- How to install PlayStation Vue on Kodi to stream live TV Today 5:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
It’s a total steal, though it’s probably fake.
We all know the price of housing in San Francisco is getting ridiculous. Earlier this year, we got a look at the cheapest house you could buy in the West Coast city: a $350,000 house that was actually a decomposing wooden shack built in 1906 and rendered unlivable on the inside. But hey, if you can’t buy, might as well rent, right? And Craigslist has the perfect deal for you.
For a completely reasonable (that’s almost so reasonable that it’s actually unreasonable) $500 a month, you can live in this crawl space in San Francisco’s Pacific Heights neighborhood. Talk about a deal!
The post has since been deleted, but here’s the original text:
With rent skyrocketing in San Francisco, desperate times call for desperate measures and we recently came up with the idea to rent our crawl space out to cash strapped young San Franciscans.
We aren’t going to sugar coat this, as you can see by the photos, this is a basement crawl space and the ground is un-even. My roommate Neil has agreed to help out and level off the dirt crawl floor and we have some scraps of rug to throw down. There is a decent amount of room for a mattress and night stand and you can keep a dresser in the garage. You will be able to run an extension cord into the crawl space for light and the garage provides decent heat for those chilly SF nights or feel free to bring in a space heater.
We are two 20 something start-up guys and like to have fun but are serious about being a part of the next big unicorn company. We like to go out on the weekends in North Beach, SOMA, Marina (Tipsy Pig!) and venture out of the city to Tahoe for some fresh pow pwo and Napa on occasion.
Since you’ll have access to our bathroom and kitchen, we don’t want any slobs! It would be great if you were also in tech so that we can talk shop but that is not a deal breaker, perhaps you are a founder still looking to get that seed round and this is all you can afford!
We’ll be hosting an open house this weekend to pick our next crawlspace housemate!
More importantly—does Wi-Fi reach the crawl space?
While it’s possible that the ad has since been deleted because there was way too much interest for the space, it’s more likely that it’s gone because it was fake. There’s an air of sarcasm and snark in the posting that seems to be making fun of the crisis and tech bro culture of the city.
We knew this offer was too good to be true.
Photos via Craigslist
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.