- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
These Pepes show up only once in a lifetime.
For many meme aficionados, finding the rarest of Pepes is an all-consuming search. Big Pepes. Small Pepes. Nicki Minaj Pepes. The world of Pepes is expansive, and the hunt for the most unique is often a grueling one.
It’s unclear if the request has resulted in any new acquisitions. The post title offers $50, which strikes most as a low price indeed for high-caliber Pepes. Perhaps the buyer needs to make clear that he or she can pay more if the right Pepe is presented.Meanwhile, someone in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is selling a rare Pepe for a mere $15. Truly a steal for this especially rare Pepe!
This Pepe is an IRL painting, a rare Pepe indeed. Look at those delicate strokes, culminating in a true masterpiece. Someone must jump on this offer before it disappears.
Out west in Riverside, California, another intriguing Pepe has surfaced. On one side of a binder is a deliciously singular Pepe. The other side offers a Lenny Face emoticon. Sandwiched between the two memes are many papers.
$100 may sound like a lot, but with the addition of a Lenny Face, this purchase is more than worthwhile.
Craigslist has become a go-to bazaar where rare Pepe traders and collectors can find one another and team up in the search for the most extraordinary Pepes on the planet. A post titled “Seeking Rare Pepe Trader – Third Roommate / Apt Wanted” made it into Chicago’s best-of section.
But what if this was a scam to lure other Pepe traders in, only to pilfer all the Pepes?! We may never know.
There have been countless other Pepe Craigslist posts lost into the sands of time. Thanks to the magical powers of Google Cache, we are able to see that Pepes are popping up all over the United States. Pepe Bless America.
Lexington, North Carolina. Orlando, Florida. San Antonio, Texas. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The rare Pepes are trickling into the market. It’s only a matter of time until the rarest of Pepes is finally uncovered.
Illustration by Fernando Alfonso III
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.