- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Tuesday 11:53 AM
- We have a lot of questions about this woman’s Hot Cheetos bath Tuesday 10:54 AM
- Convincing deepfake drops Neo from ‘The Matrix’ straight into ‘Office Space’ Tuesday 10:39 AM
The rare Pepe trade is booming on Craigslist
These Pepes show up only once in a lifetime.
For many meme aficionados, finding the rarest of Pepes is an all-consuming search. Big Pepes. Small Pepes. Nicki Minaj Pepes. The world of Pepes is expansive, and the hunt for the most unique is often a grueling one.
It’s unclear if the request has resulted in any new acquisitions. The post title offers $50, which strikes most as a low price indeed for high-caliber Pepes. Perhaps the buyer needs to make clear that he or she can pay more if the right Pepe is presented.Meanwhile, someone in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is selling a rare Pepe for a mere $15. Truly a steal for this especially rare Pepe!
This Pepe is an IRL painting, a rare Pepe indeed. Look at those delicate strokes, culminating in a true masterpiece. Someone must jump on this offer before it disappears.
Out west in Riverside, California, another intriguing Pepe has surfaced. On one side of a binder is a deliciously singular Pepe. The other side offers a Lenny Face emoticon. Sandwiched between the two memes are many papers.
$100 may sound like a lot, but with the addition of a Lenny Face, this purchase is more than worthwhile.
Craigslist has become a go-to bazaar where rare Pepe traders and collectors can find one another and team up in the search for the most extraordinary Pepes on the planet. A post titled “Seeking Rare Pepe Trader – Third Roommate / Apt Wanted” made it into Chicago’s best-of section.
But what if this was a scam to lure other Pepe traders in, only to pilfer all the Pepes?! We may never know.
There have been countless other Pepe Craigslist posts lost into the sands of time. Thanks to the magical powers of Google Cache, we are able to see that Pepes are popping up all over the United States. Pepe Bless America.
Lexington, North Carolina. Orlando, Florida. San Antonio, Texas. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The rare Pepes are trickling into the market. It’s only a matter of time until the rarest of Pepes is finally uncovered.
Illustration by Fernando Alfonso III
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.