- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments Today 8:47 AM
These Pepes show up only once in a lifetime.
For many meme aficionados, finding the rarest of Pepes is an all-consuming search. Big Pepes. Small Pepes. Nicki Minaj Pepes. The world of Pepes is expansive, and the hunt for the most unique is often a grueling one.
It’s unclear if the request has resulted in any new acquisitions. The post title offers $50, which strikes most as a low price indeed for high-caliber Pepes. Perhaps the buyer needs to make clear that he or she can pay more if the right Pepe is presented.Meanwhile, someone in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is selling a rare Pepe for a mere $15. Truly a steal for this especially rare Pepe!
This Pepe is an IRL painting, a rare Pepe indeed. Look at those delicate strokes, culminating in a true masterpiece. Someone must jump on this offer before it disappears.
Out west in Riverside, California, another intriguing Pepe has surfaced. On one side of a binder is a deliciously singular Pepe. The other side offers a Lenny Face emoticon. Sandwiched between the two memes are many papers.
$100 may sound like a lot, but with the addition of a Lenny Face, this purchase is more than worthwhile.
Craigslist has become a go-to bazaar where rare Pepe traders and collectors can find one another and team up in the search for the most extraordinary Pepes on the planet. A post titled “Seeking Rare Pepe Trader – Third Roommate / Apt Wanted” made it into Chicago’s best-of section.
But what if this was a scam to lure other Pepe traders in, only to pilfer all the Pepes?! We may never know.
There have been countless other Pepe Craigslist posts lost into the sands of time. Thanks to the magical powers of Google Cache, we are able to see that Pepes are popping up all over the United States. Pepe Bless America.
Lexington, North Carolina. Orlando, Florida. San Antonio, Texas. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The rare Pepes are trickling into the market. It’s only a matter of time until the rarest of Pepes is finally uncovered.
Illustration by Fernando Alfonso III
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.