- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
These Pepes show up only once in a lifetime.
For many meme aficionados, finding the rarest of Pepes is an all-consuming search. Big Pepes. Small Pepes. Nicki Minaj Pepes. The world of Pepes is expansive, and the hunt for the most unique is often a grueling one.
It’s unclear if the request has resulted in any new acquisitions. The post title offers $50, which strikes most as a low price indeed for high-caliber Pepes. Perhaps the buyer needs to make clear that he or she can pay more if the right Pepe is presented.Meanwhile, someone in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is selling a rare Pepe for a mere $15. Truly a steal for this especially rare Pepe!
This Pepe is an IRL painting, a rare Pepe indeed. Look at those delicate strokes, culminating in a true masterpiece. Someone must jump on this offer before it disappears.
Out west in Riverside, California, another intriguing Pepe has surfaced. On one side of a binder is a deliciously singular Pepe. The other side offers a Lenny Face emoticon. Sandwiched between the two memes are many papers.
$100 may sound like a lot, but with the addition of a Lenny Face, this purchase is more than worthwhile.
Craigslist has become a go-to bazaar where rare Pepe traders and collectors can find one another and team up in the search for the most extraordinary Pepes on the planet. A post titled “Seeking Rare Pepe Trader – Third Roommate / Apt Wanted” made it into Chicago’s best-of section.
But what if this was a scam to lure other Pepe traders in, only to pilfer all the Pepes?! We may never know.
There have been countless other Pepe Craigslist posts lost into the sands of time. Thanks to the magical powers of Google Cache, we are able to see that Pepes are popping up all over the United States. Pepe Bless America.
Lexington, North Carolina. Orlando, Florida. San Antonio, Texas. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The rare Pepes are trickling into the market. It’s only a matter of time until the rarest of Pepes is finally uncovered.
Illustration by Fernando Alfonso III
Gabe Bergado is a Daily Dot alumnus who covered dank memes, teens, and the weirdest corners of the Internet. One time, Ted Cruz supporters turned him into a meme—or at least tried to. In 2017, he started reporting for Teen Vogue's entertainment section.