- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
This woman beating her male co-presenter in a cotton candy-eating contest is the best
Her technique is on fire.
Although the week is not fully over yet, it’s safe to say that this woman owning her male co-presenter in a cotton candy contest is the hero of the week. Just look at this GIF:
Girl crushes a cotton candy eating contest ❤️. pic.twitter.com/AiEATAWBQH— DestinyDelight (@DelightDestiny) March 15, 2018
The video comes from a Chinese program on a Zhejiang TV station, according to Shanghaiist. The man apparently challenged his co-presenter to the competition, but he had no idea who he was up against. The woman swallows the clump of spun sugar whole in three seconds flat before looking directly at the camera with a satisfied smirk. It’s a GIF that requires many repeat viewings to understand and appreciate her technique. Her first move is getting rid of the stick. Then she uses both hands to push the cotton candy mound into her mouth as fast as possible. Her co-presenter, meanwhile, eats the cotton candy at a normal pace while still holding onto the stick. He looks like an amateur next to her.
The internet loved the GIF, which went viral on Facebook and Twitter:
u: “should we get just one order of fries and share th...”— darth™ (@darth) March 16, 2018
I could watch this all day 😍 https://t.co/6AfU2zhpkI— Lucy Mangan (@LucyMangan) March 16, 2018
I have watched this roughly 28,543 times now and it keeps getting better and better https://t.co/pE8jzm8AL5— Holly Bourne (@holly_bourneYA) March 16, 2018
the hero we need https://t.co/wPOtMoj9d2— Tyler McCall (@eiffeltyler) March 16, 2018
*Kirby vacuuming sound* https://t.co/j7ctqcIe3D— FlashNeko (@FlashNek0) March 16, 2018
Me getting shit done vs. you pic.twitter.com/RWmxND2vX9— Helen 侯-Sandí (@helenhousandi) March 16, 2018
This is a true lesson in never underestimating your competition.
Tiffany Kelly is the Unclick editor at Daily Dot. Previously, she worked at Ars Technica and Wired. Her writing has appeared in several other print and online publications, including the Los Angeles Times, Popular Mechanics, and GQ.