- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is a beast, and it has a decent keyboard 4 Years Ago
- This group is scanning thousands of faces in Congress today to protest facial recognition 4 Years Ago
- Why everyone is debating Pete Buttigieg’s Medicare for All stance? Today 10:47 AM
- The Motorola Razr is a foldable homage to millennial nostalgia Today 10:22 AM
- The ‘I’m baby’ meme gets much more literal on TikTok Today 10:20 AM
- MrDeadMoth avoids jail time for assaulting pregnant partner during live stream Today 9:21 AM
- Deval Patrick 2020 fever is not catching on Today 9:08 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday Night Football Today 8:13 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Netherlands in the U-17 World Cup semis Today 6:46 AM
- ‘Waves’ wrestles with the family drama and breaks it in half Today 6:30 AM
- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from the impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
‘Confused Travolta’ is the GIF that keeps on giving
He’s so high.
John Travolta is a little mixed-up these days.
In a new inexplicable GIF meme, Confused Travolta, appearing as Pulp Fiction’s Vincent Vega, is a perpetual fish out of water, unsure of whether he should sink or swim. Even though he is at least a level OT-V Scientologist (although evidence indicates he is at a much more advanced level), Confused Travolta appears to be overcome by his reactive mind—the subconscious layer of being that controls his impulses—in the GIFs.
Confused Travolta first appeared on Imgur a month ago, a company rep told the Daily Dot via email, with a caption that read, “MRW I ask my daughter what she wants for Christmas and she says, ‘A doll.’” Travolta is stumped in the toy aisle of a megastore, flanked by hundreds of dolls.
The GIF went viral, throwing Confused Travolta into countless familiar situations. Nobody, for example, told Travolta that class was canceled:
Travolta forgot why he walked into the kitchen:
Travolta’s nephew’s hiding spot was just too good:
Travolta couldn’t find a good seat at the movie theater:
Travolta couldn’t even land a proper high-five from Drake:
But the GIF meme shines even in far-fetched, cinematic situations.
TFW you’re supposed to catch the Rebel forces:
TFW you’re the guy in the “Take On Me” video:
TFW Hank Scorpio impresses you with a cool party trick:
And now, Confused Travolta isn’t simply reserved for upper-echelon Scientologists living on Gold Base. Even the standard OT-III can make one of their own. So make Xenu proud!
Screengrab via QuackQuack GD/YouTube
Feliks Garcia was a reporter and essayist whose work for the Daily Dot focused on social justice issues, internet culture, and the Rock. He was a staff writer for the Independent when he passed away in February 2017 after suffering a heart attack. He was 33.