- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
‘Confused Travolta’ is the GIF that keeps on giving
He’s so high.
John Travolta is a little mixed-up these days.
In a new inexplicable GIF meme, Confused Travolta, appearing as Pulp Fiction’s Vincent Vega, is a perpetual fish out of water, unsure of whether he should sink or swim. Even though he is at least a level OT-V Scientologist (although evidence indicates he is at a much more advanced level), Confused Travolta appears to be overcome by his reactive mind—the subconscious layer of being that controls his impulses—in the GIFs.
Confused Travolta first appeared on Imgur a month ago, a company rep told the Daily Dot via email, with a caption that read, “MRW I ask my daughter what she wants for Christmas and she says, ‘A doll.’” Travolta is stumped in the toy aisle of a megastore, flanked by hundreds of dolls.
The GIF went viral, throwing Confused Travolta into countless familiar situations. Nobody, for example, told Travolta that class was canceled:
Travolta forgot why he walked into the kitchen:
Travolta’s nephew’s hiding spot was just too good:
Travolta couldn’t find a good seat at the movie theater:
Travolta couldn’t even land a proper high-five from Drake:
But the GIF meme shines even in far-fetched, cinematic situations.
TFW you’re supposed to catch the Rebel forces:
TFW you’re the guy in the “Take On Me” video:
TFW Hank Scorpio impresses you with a cool party trick:
And now, Confused Travolta isn’t simply reserved for upper-echelon Scientologists living on Gold Base. Even the standard OT-III can make one of their own. So make Xenu proud!
Screengrab via QuackQuack GD/YouTube
Feliks Garcia was a reporter and essayist whose work for the Daily Dot focused on social justice issues, internet culture, and the Rock. He was a staff writer for the Independent when he passed away in February 2017 after suffering a heart attack. He was 33.