- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 6 Years Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
This family can’t stop, won’t stop its holiday ode to Miley Cyrus
If you’re living by gingerbread rules, a regular paper Christmas card just won’t cut it.
The Holderness family took the Internet by storm this week with their hilarious Christmas card rap video, racking up millions of YouTube views, but now they’ve got some competition. Meet the Bock family, who joined in on the musical fun with the unlikeliest of Santa’s helpers: Miley Cyrus.
Using a vintage doo wop rendition of Miley’s “We Can’t Stop” by Postmodern Jukebox, Kate, Sarah, Sam, and Lee changed the lyrics to a more holiday-friendly theme.
It’s a clever arrangement that gives a new twist to a song many are already tired of hearing. Plus, the family’s enthusiasm as they dance in their Christmas sweaters just sells it.
Postmodern Jukebox’s sensational Scott Bradlee is already a huge fan of this family.
“Your entire family is amazing,” Bradlee wrote in the comments. “This just put the hugest smile on my face. You even nailed the key change!! and while wearing fly holiday sweaters, no less. I want to come jam with you guys.”
They want to have as much eggnog, holly, presents, and figgy pudding as they want, and who can argue with that?
After all, they’re just being jolly.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.