- Trump calls 25th Amendment talk a ‘coup’ attempt Today 8:42 AM
- The Hatebook: Inside Facebook’s thriving subculture of racism Today 7:29 AM
- Anthony Hamilton’s national anthem at All-Star game sparks MVP meme Today 7:02 AM
- ‘Subtle Asian Dating’ is the un-Tinder we all need right now Today 5:00 AM
- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
This video of a guy getting chased by a chicken looks like something out of a horror movie
Playing it on loop doesn’t help.
Chickens can indeed be scary. The might not be very big, but they do have sharp claws and hard beaks, and well, they are just weird looking. There’s probably no bigger dichotomy of feeling than that between a person being chased by a chicken, and a person watching someone being chased by a chicken. The person being chased is always terrified. The person watching is always laughing their ass off.
So it should come as no surprise that everyone loves this video of 22-year-old Boaz Marbach, a full-time student at Purdue Fort Wayne, being chased by an angry chicken while at work.
We have a chicken at work and it loves attacking me when I let it out pic.twitter.com/IbhS0M1loY
— Boaz or Bozy (@BroazM) October 8, 2018
“I think he chases me because he wants to impress the six girl chickens that he lives with, I get that,” Marbach told the Daily Dot via email.
If true, this ironically places Marbach in the opposite situation. He has little choice but to run away from a chicken in front of his coworkers. “It chases me because all the girls I work with are scared of him, so I’m forced to let him out,” he explained.
A chicken chasing a grown man is always hilarious, but the foggy background, and the fact that this video loops perfectly, making it appear as if Marbach is trapped running from the same bird for all of eternity. Thus far, the clip has racked up over 2 million views on Twitter and the comments keep coming. Many of them showcase exactly how terrifying chickens can be.
— Basura Grande (@__Sundance___) October 10, 2018
The revolution soon come. I pity us pic.twitter.com/BB9L3QzUnv
— Phella (@PhellaDaFam) October 10, 2018
— Celina Zambrano (@celinanicolez) October 10, 2018
— Kvothe (@Ayeshstro) October 10, 2018
— le Sapio SexueL (@effet) October 10, 2018
It’s not just the one 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/xtxb0XfJXa
— Shaun Wood (@SWoody_20) October 10, 2018
Marbach says he works at a place called the Shed Interiors, which is a home decor shop near Fort Wayne. Why such a place would have live chickens on the property is something he failed to explain.
As for how he plans to deal with the beast, Marbach says he’s going to get a little more aggressive but will stop short of frying the bird up.
“I’m not going to eat him, but I have a broom to fend him off,” he said.
We wish you the best of luck, sir. Looks like you’re going to need it.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.