- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Tuesday 3:25 PM
Chicago has a very real and very terrible gun violence problem.
Just this year, 176 people have been killed in the city, and the vast majority are shooting deaths. So any gun that police get off the streets there is a good thing.
That said, this gun bust perhaps shouldn’t have made it to the Chicago PD Twitter feed.
Great intel lead to a positive search warrant for the 1063 team in the 10th District. Weapons and drugs recovered. pic.twitter.com/Kq38HxPOap— Chicago Police (@Chicago_Police) April 19, 2017
Did the internet have its way with that revolving rifle and little derringer? Yes, the internet had its way with them.
Good thing the Chicago PD stopped this dastardly outlaw before high noon. https://t.co/ZEwTZ2030I— Waldo Jaquith (@waldojaquith) April 20, 2017
Damn CPD busted a 19th century riverboat gambler who also deals weed https://t.co/AoSVubvPdU— CJ Ciaramella (@cjciaramella) April 20, 2017
Must have been a wild stagecoach chase. https://t.co/gtsRMXpNe5— Not My Pennywise (@SoDevolved) April 20, 2017
Looks like you guys busted the notorious "Ulysses S. Grant and John Dillinger Gang" https://t.co/bpxyEvU5iv— Ben Kesling (@bkesling) April 19, 2017
Despite their tweets rife with mocking disdain, the good people of Twitter dot com are surely happy police are keeping the streets safe.
From rapscallions like these.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]