A customer at Ed’s Easy Diner in Gateshead, U.K., sat down for a juicy cheeseburger. Then a slimy visitor crawled out of it.
“I put the burger down for a drink and there was something funny,” the unidentified 28-year-old man told Chronicle Live. “I looked down and I saw a caterpillar crawling out of the burger. I was sick later that evening. I just couldn’t believe it, it was like something from a nightmare.”
Many fast-food customers have claimed that hairs or bits of plastic have found their way into meals, usually as a means of getting free stuff. But there’s video evidence of this close encounter with the multifooted kind.
Ed’s offered the man a £50 voucher or £100 to a charity of his choice. But the man vows to never eat there again, for obvious reasons.
“This was an unfortunate but isolated incident at our diner in Gateshead,” an Ed’s rep told Chronicle Live. “We took immediate steps to resolve the problem and are confident the diner is back to our usual exacting standards.”
The rep added: “All our lettuce leaves are washed and sanitized individually. We invest considerable time and resource in maintaining the highest possible food hygiene standards and have an excellent track record.”