- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors 4 Years Ago
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ 4 Years Ago
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix 4 Years Ago
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
- People are stanning Elizabeth Warren’s respect for a train’s quiet car Today 1:16 PM
- Far-right mobs attacked queer kids after first Pride in Ukraine city Today 1:13 PM
- Influencer who photoshopped clouds into photos is partnering with the editing app Today 12:34 PM
- Lupita Nyong’o and Danai Gurira team up for ‘Americanah’ Today 12:29 PM
- Video shows cop mocking Black ninth-grader who was detained at bus stop Today 12:27 PM
- Has Trump reversed course on fighting a war for the Saudis? Today 12:20 PM
- These iOS 13 features will have you racing to update your iPhone on Sept. 19 Today 12:05 PM
Those who live in the animal kingdom usually are moderate in their political leanings. You’d think so, anyway. There are, of course, the occasional liberal dogs (you know, the kind that support the National Endowment for the Arts or the ones who back pro-marijuana laws), and sometimes we find in nature a cat that acts just like Donald Trump and tries to knock down everything in its path.
But it’s rare to find an animal who subscribes so loyally to at least one facet of the conservative movement. And it’s the bird in the video below. Take a look.
What’s fascinating about the bird is not its unwillingness to share. It’s that the bird so clearly does not believe in the redistribution of wealth, one of the principles of anybody who considers himself a conservative.
And it’s hard to disagree with his point. The bird in the middle—let’s call him Rick Santorum—has worked hard to crack open that shell. Why should anybody else—including the bird on the left, aka Pope Francis, and the one on the right, whose name is Bernie Sanders—get a slice of his pie when Santorum is the one putting in all the sweat to make it edible?
Rather than share with his fellow birds, he decides to drop the food while fighting for it. What is this, after all? A freakin’ welfare state filled with avian socialists who think all the wealthy birds should have to pay more than their fair share of nuts simply because they have more than the other guy?
No, sir. This is America, Jack. You crack the shell and you—and you alone, dammit—should get to keep what’s inside.
This bird is obviously right-wing (get it?), and Santorum should be proud that he stuck up for himself. Even if, in the end, no one got to eat the nut they all so badly desired.
Screengrab via buddy-berry/Tumblr
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.