- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
Now that campaigns for the general election are in full swing, social media is rife with political conflict. What are you to do when scrolling through your once-friendly feeds gets too darn depressing?
Replace your disillusionment with some good old fashioned escapism.
There’s something for everyone.
Potterheads donned merch in support of their ideal ticket. Though for some reason they failed to use the obvious and perfect hashtag: #ImWithHermione.
Disney fans selected the most courageous leader they could think of.
Parks and Recreation fans said yes to Leslie Knope.
We have to admit, she does seem qualified.
And hey, bro, if a female president isn’t your jam, there’s always the very patriotic choice of bacon-lover Ron Swanson.
If going green is your thing, we think Ms. Frizzle might have some great ideas for reversing global warming.
One Twitter user even made a very compelling argument for the Kool-Aid Man.
OK, we can’t stay in fantasy land forever. There is a real election happening. But, dammit, we’d love to #MakeAmericaGrootAgain.
Maybe in 2020?
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.