- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Is this the best week for fart news the Internet has ever seen?
I thought a story about a flatulent deer would be the best thing in my news feed this week, but I was wrong.
I thought a story about a flatulent deer would be the best thing in my news feed this week, but I was wrong. Farts are so hot right now. Farts are basically the new black.
Isn’t nature beautiful?
A video originally uploaded to YouTube in 2011 is making a big comeback on Reddit. Why? Because farts are hilarious and witnessing a deer fart is like seeing a unicorn.
A beautiful, majestic, disgusting unicorn.
While the fart looks real, there’s a large possibility the actual noise has been dubbed over. But that doesn’t stop it from being the best thing we’ve seen all day.
A farting deer who doesn’t think anybody’s watching: It’s a beautiful little story. Surely we all can empathize with that deer.
The fart beat got even more explosive Monday. We saw not one, not two, but three major gas articles go viral.
Here’s a fetish you don’t see everyday. Hell, here’s a fetish I’m kind of jealous of. If you’ve ever lived in a one-bedroom, one-bath apartment with your significant other, then you know what the fuck I’m talking about.
Amy Herbst, who has performed at the Nashville Opera Company, filed suit against Fort Campbell’s Blanchfield Army Community Hospital earlier this month, claiming that the episiotomy she received during child birth last February caused her to lose control of her flatulence and, on occasion, bowel movements.
Finally, this too-good-to-be-true scooplet, via Reuters’s Berlin-based cow reporters:
It’s a truly historic day. Despite this uptick in toot-related coverage, Google Trends reveals that online news reached peak fart in January 2004, but several other stories have caused spikes in traffic.
In March 2013, Jim Carrey announced that Fox News would be remembered as “nothing more than a giant culture fart.” In November 2008, Britney Spears, then 27, told Good Morning America that she feels “like an old fart.” So while there’s plenty of brou-haha over breaking wind this week, it is shockingly not the most we as a people have been captivated by this particular bodily function.
But don’t lose faith in humanity and media just yet. Headlines about the riots in Ukraine absolutely dwarfed anything flatulence-related.
Photo via dblue/Flickr
A former assigning editor for the Daily Dot, Cooper Fleishman's work focused on the web culture and niche internet communities. He joined Mic as a senior editor in 2015. His work has been published by HyperVocal and the Good Men Project, and he previously copyedited for Rolling Stone, Men's Journal, and Us Weekly.