- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
The listing is hosted by none other than Barbie herself.
“As a homeowner and entrepreneur, I am excited to be hosting my Dreamhouse for the first time on Airbnb,” Barbie’s listing reads. “I’ve traveled all over the world, but the Dreamhouse has always been my favorite place to call home. It’s full of inspiration, like pictures of the 200+ careers I’ve had and the role models in my life, so I hope it inspires you to remember that you can be anything!”
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the house has bubble pink accents throughout the villa and, of course, a barbie-worthy walk-in closet. And as any Dreamhouse should, the mansion includes a tennis court, a movie theater, and a two-story waterslide that connects to the infinity pool.
“From her hobby room and personal cinema, to the infinity pool and outdoor meditation zone, every corner of the house reflects Barbie’s lifetime as a role model to young women everywhere,” an Airbnb press release reads.
Barbies Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse on Airbnb. pic.twitter.com/qrfnOiPvKh— PetiteAnge (@PetiteAnge_) October 17, 2019
The Mattel (maker of Barbie) and Airbnb collaboration is devoted to the doll’s 60th anniversary, according to Pop Sugar. Included in the stay is the chance to meet several friends from Barbie’s squad who “will swing by to inspire and teach you new things.”
“Learn how to fence with Ibtihaj Muhammad, create an exquisite meal in my fully stocked kitchen with chef Gina Clarke-Helm, get a makeover with hairstylists from Mane Addicts Creator Collective while meeting with celebrity hairstylist and girl boss Jen Atkin, and even take a trip to the Columbia Memorial Space Center with pilot and aerospace engineer Jill Meyers,” the listing reads.
It is a girl gang, to say the least.
Unfortunately, only one group of four guests will get to live out their Barbie girl dreams because you can only book your one time, two-night stay from Oct. 27-29. The booking for the Dreamhouse opens on Oct. 23 at 11:00am PT.
- How Airbnb went weird
- Barbie maker Mattel introduces gender-neutral dolls
- Darth Vader Barbie is the goth girlfriend of your dreams
Libby Cohen is a third-year University of Texas student originally from New Jersey. She has written for ORANGE Magazine, the Daily Texan, and most recently interned for 1010 WINS in NYC. She's now back in Austin writing for the Texas Standard and the Daily Dot.