- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
Bagel Pigeon is the trash hero that New York City deserves
Once upon a time, people gave a shit about a pizza-carrying rat.
If you spend your time reading books (as opposed to reading Internet garbage), know that Pizza Rat took the Web by storm when YouTuber Matt Little caught Splinter bringing a slice of pizza to his four ninja turtle sons:
I thought nothing could perfectly embody the filthy, vermin-infested cesspool that is the greatest city on earth until I saw… PIGEON BAGEL. Or is it Bagel Pigeon? Admittedly, the Internet is still working on the name.
But here it is in all its glory:
Redditor connierubirosa snapped this, the new “most New York Photo” ever taken, depicting a majestic sky-rat with a bacteria-laden bagel around its neck. Whether that bagel is part of a pigeon marriage proposal, the hot new look for fall, or a sign of the ubiquitous bagel pollution in New York is not up for me to decide. Rather it is New Yorkers’ collective responsibility to forget Pizza Rat (and Milkshake Squirrel) ever existed and embrace Bagel Pigeon as our latest and greatest city mascot.
May this embolden pigeons everywhere to seize the wearable food they deserve! And honestly, humans—let’s follow the five-second rule and stop wasting perfectly good carbs just because we dropped them on the street.
Ziwe Fumudoh is a writer and comedian. Her work has appeared in the Onion and Reductress, and she is a co-host at Crooked Media.