- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
Earlier this month, Apple disappointed iPhone users by releasing a new peach emoji that didn’t look unmistakably like a butt. The scandalous de-assifying of the peach caused a bit of a backlash, though, and Apple has decided to restore it to its former anatomical glory in a future iOS update.
Emoji sexters and spicy tweeters, your complaints have been heard. The latest beta version of iOS, 10.2 beta 3, dropped Tuesday with a re-revised peach that looks even more butt-like than the original.
Apple sometimes makes a move toward the future, knowing that its current customers will be temporarily outraged. Removing disc drives and nixing the headphone jack are calculated risks that people will soon get over.
With the peach, though, the company seems to have tacitly acknowledged a mistake. Perhaps Apple thought the peach was just a fruit, then discovered that no one uses it that way. To remove the peach-as-butt is to eliminate 90 percent of the meaning of that emoji. It’s nice to see Apple had the good sense to fix it.
Now, about that squirt pistol…
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.