- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Apple is no stranger to creating an uproar with its emoji updates—remember the whole water pistol incident?—and in a new developer beta release of iOS 10.2, the next wave of emoji will finally see the light of day.
On the all-new emoji front there are some pretty interesting additions, such as this handsome fella here:
There’s also a new fox, avocado, and owl emoji:
In fact, there’s lots of new animals in iOS 10.2:
But it’s not just new emoji that are coming; lots of existing emoji are getting new looks. Among the newly refreshed emoji are an updated shrug:
And new professions for male and female emoji:
All of these additions are great, but there’s one tweak that might totally put a damper on your sexting habits. It seems Apple has had enough of the “peach butt” and decided to redesign everyone’s favorite fruit emoji to something much less suggestive:
There’s no official release date for iOS 10.2 as of yet, but it should be just around the corner.
Update 10:03am CT, Dec. 13: Apple released the newest iOS update this morning, and the gorilla emoji is among the many new emoji available to users.
Although it’s supposed to be a generic gorilla, it’s unlikely the association with Harambe will go away anytime soon.
“There’s a harambe emoji” “yeah it’s called a gorilla….”
— ks (@katysully3) December 13, 2016
🦍 harambe immortalized in an emoji, what a year man— Darius Benson (@MrLegenDarius) December 13, 2016
Mike Wehner is a former tech editor for the Daily Dot who now writes for BGR. His work has appeared everywhere from Yahoo to CNN, and there’s a good chance his Apple Watch is dead right now.