- Free DVR makes Hulu with Live TV an even sweeter deal 1 Year Ago
- How to watch ‘Black Lightning’ online for free 1 Year Ago
- This ‘scientist’ learned what women find attractive by A/B testing his beard on Tinder Today 5:00 AM
- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
It’s a joke about people who think Antifa is an organization.
There’s been a lot of confusion of late about Antifa, the anarcho-communist, antifascist movement known for punching Nazis. Who are they? What do they want? Are they as bad as the Nazis themselves? (Eh, forget that last question. It’s stupid.) All the answers are on the official Tumblr account of the Antifa Head Office. Turns out, “ANTIFA” stands for “Activism, Networking, Training, International outreach, Finance and Accounts payable.” And it’s entirely financed by liberal puppet master George Soros!
The very official Antifa management, which oversees and pays for all Antifa activity at Soros’ behest, is hard at work on things like new official stationery:
and Denny’s sponsorships:
And doing the filing, because Antifa is meticulously organized:
If it wasn’t already obvious, the Antifa Head Office Tumblr is a huge joke, playing on common misconceptions about Antifa. Anarchists don’t have CEOs and official stationery. But they do have Greg.
It’s a response to commentators on the right and in the center who have conflated antifascists and fascists, but, like a lot of other things on Tumblr, it’s turned into a fandom.
The Antifa “executives” process requests from members, pay off protesters, issue membership cards, interview potential new hires, and try to disrupt any potential Antifa employee unions.
Maybe now Antifa can get back to disrupting white supremacist demonstrations. As long as they file their paperwork with the head office first.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.