- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
Amanda Bynes broke her nearly month-long social media hiatus to post a new photo Tuesday.
The simple photo posted to Instagram shows Bynes sporting what appears to be a fresh tattoo on her left cheek. It is unclear whether the small heart—about the size of a thumbnail—is the real deal, or if she accomplished the look through a filter or with non-permanent ink. Regardless, the new look has people talking.
The 33-year-old former Nickelodeon star has remained mostly out of the spotlight for several years now. She re-entered the public eye after a long break last year when she discussed her highly-publicized struggles with Paper. In the interview, Bynes noted that abusing drugs “really messed up” her brain and that now that she is sober, she feels like herself again. “Those days of experimenting are long over,” she said. “I’m not sad about it and I don’t miss it because I really feel ashamed of how those substances made me act.”
Bynes spent several years in and out of rehab, before transitioning to a sober living facility. In her Paper interview, Bynes noted that she had been sober for four years. Earlier this month, she reportedly left a sober living facility where she had been residing. While it was initially reported that Bynes fled the facility and her whereabouts were unknown, a source told Us Weekly that the reports were false. “Amanda has never been lost or missing,” the source said. “She did leave the sober living facility but her parents know where she is. With Amanda, it’s not surprising that she would leave the sober living facility. It’s not uncommon for anyone dealing with sobriety and mental health issues.”
In the process of getting her life back on track, Bynes graduated from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles in June. Fans of the actress have high hopes that a comeback is on its way. The news of her new tattoo has fans split and sharing their opinions online. “If Amanda Bynes’ new face tattoo is real then I’d say things are going really well for her,” one fan wrote.
If Amanda Bynes’ new face tattoo is real then I’d say things are going really well for her pic.twitter.com/rwytERA0VE— Jason Ralph & Schitt (@jralphschitt) December 31, 2019
amanda bynes got a face tattoo before the new decade can we discuss— bodega cat (@bearinevans) January 2, 2020
been thinking about Amanda Bynes face tat since before I went to sleep last night— riley ☆ (@rileyeIizabeth) January 2, 2020
whoever did amanda bynes’ face tat should be given a life sentence immediately... no possibility of parole— lanë (@elenatpwk) January 2, 2020
Is Amanda Bynes okay? I ask because she got a messed up heart tattoo on her face and that’s usually the first cry for help— 19th #1 (@KidTiger__) December 31, 2019
Leave it to Amanda Bynes to put the cherry on top of this decade by getting a face tattoo. She wins.— Birdie (@marisamk) January 1, 2020
While everyone else is busy discussing the new tattoo, other fans are prepared for Bynes’ big 2020 comeback. “This decade simply must include a massive Amanda Bynes comeback,” one user wrote.
2020 Predictions:— adam? (@kingofthelocals) December 31, 2019
-BIG Amanda Bynes comeback
This decade simply must include a massive Amanda Bynes comeback— Garrett Clayman (@ClaymanIslands) January 1, 2020
Still waiting for Amanda Bynes return to acting— Delanie #JanetDefender (@DelanieeRTVGuru) December 30, 2019
Bynes did not return the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
- Kevin Hart criticized for ‘talking down’ to his trainer in Netflix docuseries
- Kim Kardashian calls out Refinery29 for spreading rumor she gave her daughter JFK’s bloody shirt
- Kylie Jenner is not letting a fight with BFF Stassie ruin her Instagram aesthetic
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.