- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
‘Jeopardy!’ contestant gets Alex Trebek to say ‘Turd Ferguson’
‘Burt Reynolds’ would be proud.
In real life, Alex Trebek doesn’t have to deal with anywhere near the same amount of abuse as his Saturday Night Live counterpart, but the two world collided Wednesday night with one contestant’s Final Jeopardy answer.
Talia Lavin, a fact checker at the New Yorker, might not have won Jeopardy! last night, but she won over the Internet with a troll move that some people have been waiting to see for ages. Lavin didn’t appear to know the answer to the final question—which song from a 1999 animated movie about censorship was censored when performed at the Oscars—so instead, she went for something more creative.
Lavin, who is currently retweeting people’s comments about her episode, is having the time of her life.
The answer to Final Jeopardy, by the way, was “Blame Canada” from South Park: Bigger, Better and Uncut.
Screengrab via Saturday Night Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.