- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
‘Jeopardy!’ contestant gets Alex Trebek to say ‘Turd Ferguson’
‘Burt Reynolds’ would be proud.
In real life, Alex Trebek doesn’t have to deal with anywhere near the same amount of abuse as his Saturday Night Live counterpart, but the two world collided Wednesday night with one contestant’s Final Jeopardy answer.
Talia Lavin, a fact checker at the New Yorker, might not have won Jeopardy! last night, but she won over the Internet with a troll move that some people have been waiting to see for ages. Lavin didn’t appear to know the answer to the final question—which song from a 1999 animated movie about censorship was censored when performed at the Oscars—so instead, she went for something more creative.
Lavin, who is currently retweeting people’s comments about her episode, is having the time of her life.
The answer to Final Jeopardy, by the way, was “Blame Canada” from South Park: Bigger, Better and Uncut.
Screengrab via Saturday Night Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.