- Instagram revokes Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro’s verified status Wednesday 5:23 PM
- Transgender people suffer when debates over their rights are framed as ‘distractions’ Wednesday 4:57 PM
- Hulu with Live TV just hiked its prices Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Wednesday 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Wednesday 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Wednesday 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Wednesday 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Wednesday 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Wednesday 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Wednesday 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Wednesday 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Wednesday 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Wednesday 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Wednesday 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Wednesday 11:18 AM
‘Jeopardy!’ contestant gets Alex Trebek to say ‘Turd Ferguson’
‘Burt Reynolds’ would be proud.
In real life, Alex Trebek doesn’t have to deal with anywhere near the same amount of abuse as his Saturday Night Live counterpart, but the two world collided Wednesday night with one contestant’s Final Jeopardy answer.
Talia Lavin, a fact checker at the New Yorker, might not have won Jeopardy! last night, but she won over the Internet with a troll move that some people have been waiting to see for ages. Lavin didn’t appear to know the answer to the final question—which song from a 1999 animated movie about censorship was censored when performed at the Oscars—so instead, she went for something more creative.
Lavin, who is currently retweeting people’s comments about her episode, is having the time of her life.
The answer to Final Jeopardy, by the way, was “Blame Canada” from South Park: Bigger, Better and Uncut.
Screengrab via Saturday Night Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.