- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry 4 Years Ago
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant 4 Years Ago
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
- ‘You were at my wedding Denise’ stirs controversy again with ‘lubed legs’ tweet Friday 3:31 PM
‘Jeopardy!’ contestant gets Alex Trebek to say ‘Turd Ferguson’
‘Burt Reynolds’ would be proud.
In real life, Alex Trebek doesn’t have to deal with anywhere near the same amount of abuse as his Saturday Night Live counterpart, but the two world collided Wednesday night with one contestant’s Final Jeopardy answer.
Talia Lavin, a fact checker at the New Yorker, might not have won Jeopardy! last night, but she won over the Internet with a troll move that some people have been waiting to see for ages. Lavin didn’t appear to know the answer to the final question—which song from a 1999 animated movie about censorship was censored when performed at the Oscars—so instead, she went for something more creative.
Lavin, who is currently retweeting people’s comments about her episode, is having the time of her life.
The answer to Final Jeopardy, by the way, was “Blame Canada” from South Park: Bigger, Better and Uncut.
Screengrab via Saturday Night Live/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.