- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Three scents are on the menu: Original Meat, Backyard BBQ, and Classic Burger, which the website promises will leave your friends both hungry and happy. If the candles really smell as real as A-1 promises, this product could compel shoppers to inevitably buy more steak-sauce once they start craving meat. Each candle costs $15.
The candles obviously move away from more traditional scents—like flowers, the ocean breeze, or even cookies—and the announcement left folks on Twitter unsure how to feel.
A1 has created meat scented candles. I’ll take 1,000.— Barves 147-15 (@RTRWLT) June 1, 2018
A1 Steak Sauce is selling meat scented candles.....What a time to be alive— RyGuy (@radioryguy) May 31, 2018
@NICKIMINAJ They make A1 Steak Sauce Candles now... idk why I thought of you 😂— DessiHNDRXX (@IAmDestinyIV) June 2, 2018
Of course, just because the candle has been promoted as the perfect masculine gift for fathers, we’re sure there are some ladies out there who would enjoy their home smelling like a burger all day long.
The website’s advice to “grab it while it’s hot” was no joke, either—all three flavors are already sold out.
Editor’s note: This article has been revised to remove similarities to Mashable’s original report.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.