- Woman with Tumblr page devoted to Dylann Roof arrested for plotting terrorism Today 2:32 AM
- How much money do you need to book Beyoncé for your wedding? Monday 8:00 PM
- Twitter is stoked about Netflix’s Fyre Fest documentary Monday 7:37 PM
- Jacquees launches Twitter debate after calling himself ‘King of R&B’ Monday 6:52 PM
- Watch a British politician steal a ceremonial mace to halt Brexit proceedings Monday 6:07 PM
- Dog waits for weeks by his family’s burned house after California wildfire Monday 5:45 PM
- Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes suspended from YouTube Monday 3:46 PM
- The best sex toys for couples to heat up the holidays Monday 3:35 PM
- Chrissy Teigen shares tattoo her dad got of her face for her birthday Monday 3:31 PM
- Kavanaugh votes against hearing Planned Parenthood defunding case Monday 3:14 PM
- YouTube’s 2018 Rewind video is one of the most-hated videos of all time Monday 12:37 PM
- Roger the buff kangaroo has died at the age of 12 Monday 12:34 PM
- Elon Musk says no one is censoring his tweets Monday 12:22 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for heist movie starring Ben Affleck and Oscar Isaac Monday 12:18 PM
- Offset tweeted about missing Cardi B—and the internet isn’t having it Monday 12:17 PM
A-1 announces meat-scented candles, and Twitter thinks it’s deliciously weird
Mike Mozart/Flickr (CC-BY)
Three scents are on the menu: Original Meat, Backyard BBQ, and Classic Burger, which the website promises will leave your friends both hungry and happy. If the candles really smell as real as A-1 promises, this product could compel shoppers to inevitably buy more steak-sauce once they start craving meat. Each candle costs $15.
The candles obviously move away from more traditional scents—like flowers, the ocean breeze, or even cookies—and the announcement left folks on Twitter unsure how to feel.
— Lauren Elizabeth (@LaurenEMi) May 30, 2018
— Abby Weisman (@Blabby_24) May 30, 2018
A1 has created meat scented candles. I’ll take 1,000.
— Barves 147-15 (@RTRWLT) June 1, 2018
A1 Steak Sauce is selling meat scented candles…..What a time to be alive
— RyGuy (@radioryguy) May 31, 2018
@NICKIMINAJ They make A1 Steak Sauce Candles now… idk why I thought of you 😂
— DessiHNDRXX (@IAmDestinyIV) June 2, 2018
Of course, just because the candle has been promoted as the perfect masculine gift for fathers, we’re sure there are some ladies out there who would enjoy their home smelling like a burger all day long.
The website’s advice to “grab it while it’s hot” was no joke, either—all three flavors are already sold out.
Editor’s note: This article has been revised to remove similarities to Mashable’s original report.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.