- Are you being harassed by a Bernie Bro or a Bernie bot? 9 Months Ago
- Jason Reitman is empowering toxic ‘Ghostbusters’ fanboys Today 6:55 AM
- The Twitter accounts taking on journalism’s straight, white, cis male problem Today 6:30 AM
- 12 essential Amazon Echo accessories for your smart home Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘A Place to Call Home’ online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Report: Disney yanks YouTube ad spending following child exploitation accusations Wednesday 7:56 PM
- These people are organizing Fyre Fest live-action role-play parties Wednesday 6:35 PM
- White woman berates Mexican restaurant manager for speaking Spanish Wednesday 4:12 PM
- In Pixar short ‘Kitbull,’ a cat and pit bull become unlikely friends Wednesday 3:48 PM
- Stop exploiting the Jussie Smollett case to discredit LGBTQ hate crime victims Wednesday 3:28 PM
- The best Netflix original movies of 2019 Wednesday 3:20 PM
- Pinterest is reportedly blocking vaccination searches Wednesday 2:53 PM
- Nike’s self-lacing smart sneakers malfunction days after release Wednesday 2:50 PM
- How to quickly get the Havoc weapon in Apex Legends Wednesday 2:48 PM
- The truth behind the anti-LGBTQ emoji controversy Wednesday 1:37 PM
A-1 announces meat-scented candles, and Twitter thinks it’s deliciously weird
Mike Mozart/Flickr (CC-BY)
Three scents are on the menu: Original Meat, Backyard BBQ, and Classic Burger, which the website promises will leave your friends both hungry and happy. If the candles really smell as real as A-1 promises, this product could compel shoppers to inevitably buy more steak-sauce once they start craving meat. Each candle costs $15.
The candles obviously move away from more traditional scents—like flowers, the ocean breeze, or even cookies—and the announcement left folks on Twitter unsure how to feel.
— Lauren Elizabeth (@LaurenEMi) May 30, 2018
— Abby Weisman (@Blabby_24) May 30, 2018
A1 has created meat scented candles. I’ll take 1,000.
— Barves 147-15 (@RTRWLT) June 1, 2018
A1 Steak Sauce is selling meat scented candles…..What a time to be alive
— RyGuy (@radioryguy) May 31, 2018
@NICKIMINAJ They make A1 Steak Sauce Candles now… idk why I thought of you 😂
— DessiHNDRXX (@IAmDestinyIV) June 2, 2018
Of course, just because the candle has been promoted as the perfect masculine gift for fathers, we’re sure there are some ladies out there who would enjoy their home smelling like a burger all day long.
The website’s advice to “grab it while it’s hot” was no joke, either—all three flavors are already sold out.
Editor’s note: This article has been revised to remove similarities to Mashable’s original report.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.