- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet 5 Years Ago
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? 5 Years Ago
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year 5 Years Ago
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme 5 Years Ago
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Today 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Today 11:46 AM
- 27 senators call on Trump to fire Stephen Miller Today 11:13 AM
- Conservatives are fighting over whether porn is OK Today 10:39 AM
- The best in tech gifts for women this year Today 10:39 AM
- Why do the Golden Globes keep sidelining women filmmakers? Today 10:37 AM
- Netflix dominates with 34 Golden Globe nominations across TV and film Today 10:27 AM
- Ethan Klein has declared war on K-pop—and K-pop fans Today 10:22 AM
- People are not happy with Steve Harvey’s cartel comment to Miss Colombia Today 10:21 AM
- The decade conspiracy theories overtook the truth Today 9:14 AM
- Marianne Williamson duped into believing Trump pardoned Charles Manson Today 8:55 AM
Twitter is excited Ray Rice might come back to the NFL
That indefinite suspension is looking rather definite.
How the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell have dealt with the violent incident has, reasonably, been under fire since videos of the assault surfaced. Most of us have called attention to the fact the NFL treats women horribly, refuses to hold its players accountable, and is creating a culture of violence and misogyny.
But some of us are just plain pumped that Rice could be coming back!
If you were outraged by the idiots who have donned Rice’s jersey to Baltimore Ravens games this year, then you’re not going to want to read the following tweets from fans who can’t wait for the running back and domestic assault perpetrator to take the field and are making predictions about where he could end up.
This may not happen but I hope ray rice is reinstated to the nfl . Still got my baltimore love
— Thomas Alford (@pplTalk_iDesign) October 19, 2014
Ray Rice jersey coming home to papa
— NYCHA (@Joe_Telometo) October 19, 2014
*wears ray rice jersey for the rest of the day *
— Malita I guess (@MalitaTheMogul) October 19, 2014
Ray Rice coming back to the NFL? Good for him.
— Bradley Stumbaugh (@SWAGDuetschland) October 19, 2014
Ray Rice is gonna go to the colts and be MVP next year.
— Ryan (@myfirstpube) October 19, 2014
Ray rice is reinstated I wish he come back home where he belongs #ravens
— R.I.P Boonie ❤ (@loveShea_) October 19, 2014
Let my nigga RayRice Back in the NFL 💯
— TroyBoy ➡️✊ (@33_SlimDunk) October 19, 2014
Way to lower the bar for expected behavior from obsessive sports fans, everyone.
Molly McHugh is the tech editor of the Daily Dot, focusing on technology, social media, sports, and streaming entertainment. Her work has also appeared in Wired and the Ringer.