- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Today 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Today 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Today 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Today 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Today 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Today 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Today 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Today 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Today 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Today 10:43 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Hanna’ miniseries offers a more conventional take on the teen spy thriller Today 10:42 AM
- Conservative writer tweets about bombing a university after women are hired Today 10:16 AM
- YouTube star Ice Poseidon reportedly raided by FBI Today 10:11 AM
- Devin Nunes is threatening to sue more people who mock him on Twitter Today 10:10 AM
- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized Today 9:50 AM
The trailer for Ava DuVernay’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ has finally arrived
It’s hauntingly beautiful.
Ava DuVernay is taking Disney to a whole different level, and the new trailer for A Wrinkle in Time is proof.
The film—led by Oprah, Mindy Kaling, and Reese Witherspoon—is an adaptation of the 1963 science-fantasy novel of the same name, written by Madeleine L’Engle. In the work, teenaged Meg searches for her missing father, a scientist played by Chris Pine, who introduces her to a series of supernatural beings on her multidimensional journey.
The trailer takes us through Meg’s school yard, to a lecture her father is giving, to what appears to be his capture. And then we see Oprah, Kaling, and Witherspoon dressed elegantly as otherwordly beings.
Twitter‘s buzzing about the trailer, praising DuVernay for her vision that L’Engle would surely appreciate.
— ReBecca Theodore (@FilmFatale_NYC) July 15, 2017
Just. Wow. #MustSeeList
— Kimberly Unger (@ing3nu) July 15, 2017
— The Notorious T.I.M (@BionicBombshell) July 15, 2017
Oh, Ava. It's… extraordinary. I can't help but think Madeleine would be thrilled. I cannot wait. Sign me up, take my money.
— Nish Weiseth (@NishWeiseth) July 15, 2017
— John Scalzi (@scalzi) July 15, 2017
— April (@ReignOfApril) July 15, 2017
YESSSSSS YES YES https://t.co/31TrM6y9mZ
— danielle weisberg (@danielleweisber) July 15, 2017
The film comes to theaters in March.
Watch the first trailer for A Wrinkle in Time below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.