- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Ava DuVernay is taking Disney to a whole different level, and the new trailer for A Wrinkle in Time is proof.
The film—led by Oprah, Mindy Kaling, and Reese Witherspoon—is an adaptation of the 1963 science-fantasy novel of the same name, written by Madeleine L’Engle. In the work, teenaged Meg searches for her missing father, a scientist played by Chris Pine, who introduces her to a series of supernatural beings on her multidimensional journey.
The trailer takes us through Meg’s school yard, to a lecture her father is giving, to what appears to be his capture. And then we see Oprah, Kaling, and Witherspoon dressed elegantly as otherwordly beings.
Twitter‘s buzzing about the trailer, praising DuVernay for her vision that L’Engle would surely appreciate.
Just. Wow. #MustSeeList— Kimberly Unger (@ing3nu) July 15, 2017
Oh, Ava. It's... extraordinary. I can't help but think Madeleine would be thrilled. I cannot wait. Sign me up, take my money.— Nish Weiseth (@NishWeiseth) July 15, 2017
YESSSSSS YES YES https://t.co/31TrM6y9mZ— danielle weisberg (@danielleweisber) July 15, 2017
The film comes to theaters in March.
Watch the first trailer for A Wrinkle in Time below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.