- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
The trailer for Ava DuVernay’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ has finally arrived
It’s hauntingly beautiful.
Ava DuVernay is taking Disney to a whole different level, and the new trailer for A Wrinkle in Time is proof.
The film—led by Oprah, Mindy Kaling, and Reese Witherspoon—is an adaptation of the 1963 science-fantasy novel of the same name, written by Madeleine L’Engle. In the work, teenaged Meg searches for her missing father, a scientist played by Chris Pine, who introduces her to a series of supernatural beings on her multidimensional journey.
The trailer takes us through Meg’s school yard, to a lecture her father is giving, to what appears to be his capture. And then we see Oprah, Kaling, and Witherspoon dressed elegantly as otherwordly beings.
Twitter‘s buzzing about the trailer, praising DuVernay for her vision that L’Engle would surely appreciate.
— ReBecca Theodore (@FilmFatale_NYC) July 15, 2017
Just. Wow. #MustSeeList
— Kimberly Unger (@ing3nu) July 15, 2017
— The Notorious T.I.M (@BionicBombshell) July 15, 2017
Oh, Ava. It's… extraordinary. I can't help but think Madeleine would be thrilled. I cannot wait. Sign me up, take my money.
— Nish Weiseth (@NishWeiseth) July 15, 2017
— John Scalzi (@scalzi) July 15, 2017
— April (@ReignOfApril) July 15, 2017
YESSSSSS YES YES https://t.co/31TrM6y9mZ
— danielle weisberg (@danielleweisber) July 15, 2017
The film comes to theaters in March.
Watch the first trailer for A Wrinkle in Time below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.