- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ 8 Months Ago
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Today 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Today 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Today 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Today 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Today 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
- Danny McBride’s ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ is a wicked televangelist comedy Today 12:46 PM
- Facebook-branded coffee shops are coming Today 12:36 PM
There’s a new trend taking hold of the gaming community, and like many things on the internet, it’s incredibly thirsty. If you feed Superspicy Curry to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate characters, they’ll uncontrollably blush, gasp, stick out their tongues, and bend their knees in pain.
Of course, it didn’t take the internet long to come to another conclusion, and it involves a lot of thirstposting.
Japanese gamers first noticed the feature last week. As it turns out, the curry-induced faces look suspiciously like “Ahegao,” which you shouldn’t google if you’re at work right now.
Ahegao is an exaggerated orgasm face regularly seen in hentai and other anime genres. Ahegao often features characters blushing excessively, sticking out their tongues, rolling their eyes, or otherwise looking like they’re in a state of sheer pleasure.
Case in point, here’s an Inkling girl looking incredibly flustered.
ありがとうございます pic.twitter.com/hP7tJaJsMS— 大乱闘るるるルナ一ル (@RenaLunaria) December 9, 2018
Then there’s Isabelle, Daisy, Bayonetta, and Peach, who all look like they’re in need of a release.
And here’s Mario getting a rather uncomfortable view of Peach during a fight.
1万RTですと…！？？皆さま大変紳士でいらっしゃる…コメントやfavもありがとうございます！表情が豊かだと表現の幅も広がりますよね！それでは良いスマブラ撮影ライフを！ pic.twitter.com/3K5xcuzJEw— たまねこ (@stama) December 9, 2018
Granted, not every character looks incredibly horny after eating curry. Zelda just looks shocked, as if someone professed their intense love to her.
Oh, and the boys experience the same effect too. Turns out the curry must be an aphrodisiac.
自分もやってみましたが、変顔しか撮れませんでした…。 pic.twitter.com/qx9lCFOOHm— バーニングなかとも (@Nature_BZ) December 9, 2018
After Nintendo Life reported on Smash’s curry faces, the trend reached western Twitter users, where it took off. Things haven’t been the same since.
I know exactly why but I refuse to explain why I know exactly why https://t.co/MIaliCPg6U— Victoria Rose, your neighborhood Sheik main :3c (@riningear) December 13, 2018
Nintendo Ahegao https://t.co/fhS4tICnZr— christa lee (@OhPoorPup) December 13, 2018
LOOK AT DAISY BITCH I CAN SEE WHY, THATS AN AHEGAO FACE https://t.co/fU6e2lPDCL— ☃️ Yuletide Gay ☃️ (@AtheneAllen) December 13, 2018
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! pic.twitter.com/mmrVJjPZ8W— Ed Latorre (@DrWifeQuotes) December 13, 2018
Pls no lewd this version of Zelda, she is pure pic.twitter.com/OOp1bxCtk4— Sprite® Cranmurky (@murkyBonbon) December 13, 2018
Others pointed out that Nintendo Life and Smash users are focusing extensively on the blushing girls, but there’s no room for talking about the boys.
“THESE ARE EXTREMELY GOOD BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF SPICY ANIME BOYS THO,” game developer Christine Love tweeted.
She’s right, the world could always use more flustered anime boys.
THESE ARE EXTREMELY GOOD BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF SUPER SPICY ANIME BOYS THO https://t.co/fWg8lpmxDD— Christine Love (@christinelove) December 13, 2018
This but the boys too! https://t.co/FePbT3JH6T— Winters (@TimonicWulfgar) December 13, 2018
It’s amazing how someone made a whole post of all the characters and y’all choose only the female characters to write an article on https://t.co/r6aQLVp5Tn— yall cant read (@TIMELlNK) December 13, 2018
Regardless, the Smash community has been found guilty of being horny on main once again and will be dealt with accordingly.
Blocked blocked none of you are free of sin https://t.co/4l67O3rmoT— Tolvie/Kat/Zyna (@MxTolvo) December 13, 2018
Ana Valens is a reporter specializing in online queer communities, marginalized identities, and adult content creation. She is Daily Dot's Trans/Sex columnist. Her work has appeared at Vice, Vox, Truthout, Bitch Media, Kill Screen, Rolling Stone, and the Toast. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, and spends her free time developing queer adult games.