- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members 2 Years Ago
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis 2 Years Ago
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
- Get ready to argue about the alternate-history politics of HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Today 8:53 AM
- Third instance of Justin Trudeau wearing racist makeup emerges after he apologized for first 2 Today 8:45 AM
- 6 must-watch college football games to stream this weekend Today 8:12 AM
- What is the Hinge dating app, and how does it work? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Inside Bill’s Brain’ is nothing more than a Bill Gates infomercial Today 6:30 AM
- Swipe This! He hasn’t texted me back. Should I text him again? Today 6:00 AM
- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
After 12 seasons on the air Supernatural is heading into new territory. The Winchester brothers fight monsters every week, they’ve broken the fourth wall, and have already been to several realms of existence, but now they’re heading to animation. One episode next season will crossover with Scooby Doo.
Yes, I am serious.
Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki made the announcement at the CW’s upfront presentation on Thursday, and the idea was so out there that some initially thought the proposed crossover was a joke.
I don't think they're joking? Jensen did joke that he's the Fred and Jared is the Daphne. #CWUpfront— Alex Zalben (@azalben) May 18, 2017
Not much is known about the episode itself, but an image from the episode of Sam and Dean Winchester with Scooby Doo was shown to those in attendance and quickly spread online.
Some fans weren’t quite sure what to make of the crossover yet—and others pointed out how little sense it makes —but they’re excited about the prospect of Sam and Dean solving mysteries with the Mystery Gang.
Supernatural’s season 12 finale will air tonight.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.