- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
- U.K. advocacy group releases deepfakes of Corbyn, Johnson endorsing each other Tuesday 1:07 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ series premiere throws ‘Star Wars’ in the middle of the wild west Tuesday 12:35 PM
The Studio Ghibli clothing line you’ve been waiting for is here
There’s fun new items for both men and women.
For the first time a company would be creating officially licensed clothes based on Ghibli’s films in the U.S. While it was teased that items for men would also be created, fans were given a preview of only women’s fashions in a special look at Comic-Con’s first-ever geek couture fashion show. This week Hot Topic—the exclusive retailer for the line—released the first wave of the Her Universe collection and along with a first look at how men can get in on the fun too.
As expected, this first wave of Ghibli fashions focuses on the films My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service. It includes T-shirts and some accessories such as pins. While Her Universe and its women’s apparel has received most of the attention, the men’s items are also something to get excited about. The men’s tees feature classic Ghibli imagery from the films, including Catbus, Totoro, and Jiji.
A Hot Topic spokesperson told the Daily Dot that the company kept in mind they also have male fans of Ghibli and wanted to include men’s items in the exclusive release as well. While these items are not made by Her Universe, they will be inspired by the same Ghibli films.
Take a look at the first few items from the Studio Ghibli collection below. Fans can expect to see more released as we get closer to the holidays.
Photos courtesy of Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.