- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
The Studio Ghibli clothing line you’ve been waiting for is here
There’s fun new items for both men and women.
For the first time a company would be creating officially licensed clothes based on Ghibli’s films in the U.S. While it was teased that items for men would also be created, fans were given a preview of only women’s fashions in a special look at Comic-Con’s first-ever geek couture fashion show. This week Hot Topic—the exclusive retailer for the line—released the first wave of the Her Universe collection and along with a first look at how men can get in on the fun too.
As expected, this first wave of Ghibli fashions focuses on the films My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service. It includes T-shirts and some accessories such as pins. While Her Universe and its women’s apparel has received most of the attention, the men’s items are also something to get excited about. The men’s tees feature classic Ghibli imagery from the films, including Catbus, Totoro, and Jiji.
A Hot Topic spokesperson told the Daily Dot that the company kept in mind they also have male fans of Ghibli and wanted to include men’s items in the exclusive release as well. While these items are not made by Her Universe, they will be inspired by the same Ghibli films.
Take a look at the first few items from the Studio Ghibli collection below. Fans can expect to see more released as we get closer to the holidays.
Photos courtesy of Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.