- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies 5 Years Ago
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- 10 literary journalism classics that should be on your reading list Today 7:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
- Ximena Sariñana talks capturing feminine energy on her latest album Today 6:00 AM
The Studio Ghibli clothing line you’ve been waiting for is here
There’s fun new items for both men and women.
For the first time a company would be creating officially licensed clothes based on Ghibli’s films in the U.S. While it was teased that items for men would also be created, fans were given a preview of only women’s fashions in a special look at Comic-Con’s first-ever geek couture fashion show. This week Hot Topic—the exclusive retailer for the line—released the first wave of the Her Universe collection and along with a first look at how men can get in on the fun too.
As expected, this first wave of Ghibli fashions focuses on the films My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service. It includes T-shirts and some accessories such as pins. While Her Universe and its women’s apparel has received most of the attention, the men’s items are also something to get excited about. The men’s tees feature classic Ghibli imagery from the films, including Catbus, Totoro, and Jiji.
A Hot Topic spokesperson told the Daily Dot that the company kept in mind they also have male fans of Ghibli and wanted to include men’s items in the exclusive release as well. While these items are not made by Her Universe, they will be inspired by the same Ghibli films.
Take a look at the first few items from the Studio Ghibli collection below. Fans can expect to see more released as we get closer to the holidays.
Photos courtesy of Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.