- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year 5 Years Ago
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Today 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Today 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Today 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Today 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Today 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Today 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Today 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Today 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Today 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Today 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Today 11:43 AM
- Tfue releases statement on FaZe Clan lawsuit, says his contract is ‘f*cked’ Today 11:34 AM
- People are using an app to out gropers on Japan’s subway Today 11:24 AM
- Trump misspelled ‘accomplishments’ on handwritten notes, photo shows Today 11:12 AM
The Studio Ghibli clothing line you’ve been waiting for is here
There’s fun new items for both men and women.
For the first time a company would be creating officially licensed clothes based on Ghibli’s films in the U.S. While it was teased that items for men would also be created, fans were given a preview of only women’s fashions in a special look at Comic-Con’s first-ever geek couture fashion show. This week Hot Topic—the exclusive retailer for the line—released the first wave of the Her Universe collection and along with a first look at how men can get in on the fun too.
As expected, this first wave of Ghibli fashions focuses on the films My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service. It includes T-shirts and some accessories such as pins. While Her Universe and its women’s apparel has received most of the attention, the men’s items are also something to get excited about. The men’s tees feature classic Ghibli imagery from the films, including Catbus, Totoro, and Jiji.
A Hot Topic spokesperson told the Daily Dot that the company kept in mind they also have male fans of Ghibli and wanted to include men’s items in the exclusive release as well. While these items are not made by Her Universe, they will be inspired by the same Ghibli films.
Take a look at the first few items from the Studio Ghibli collection below. Fans can expect to see more released as we get closer to the holidays.
Photos courtesy of Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.