- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
If you’re overwhelmed with nostalgia for the golden days of the Stargate franchise, we have good news. MGM just released its first behind-the-scenes teaser for the prequel series Stargate: Origins, starring Australian actress Ellie Gall as the archaeologist Catherine Langford.
Announced at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Stargate: Origins is an online exclusive—although Star Trek: Discovery, it ain’t. Its episodes will only be 10 minutes long, making it more like a webseries than a traditional TV show.
Still, it promises to be an interesting look at Stargate‘s untold backstory in the 1930s. As we know from the movie and Stargate: SG1, Catherine Langford’s father discovered the Stargate in 1928, and she went on to found the Stargate program. The teaser suggests a hint of Indiana Jones, with Langford visiting a tent city that looks like the Egypt-inspired planet Abydos.
Stargate: Origins co-stars Star Trek: Enterprise’s Connor Trinneer as Langford’s father, with other roles to be announced as production continues. The show is directed by Mercedes Bryce Morgan (who appears in the teaser), and written by Mark Ilvedson and Justin Michael Terry.
The release date hasn’t been confirmed yet, but the show will air exclusively on the Stargate streaming service Stargate Command. (Yes, Stargate has its own streaming service. Welcome to 2017.)
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor