- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
2 gunmen showed up at Stan Lee’s house demanding money, police say
Karen Borter/Flickr (CC-BY-ND)
It’s the latest bizarre twist in the 95-year-old’s troubled personal life.
Police were called to the home of Stan Lee late last week where two reported gunmen were detained for allegedly showing up at the Marvel creator’s Hollywood Hills residence and demanding money, according to the Daily Mail. The incident occurred at 7:30pm when a 911 call was made, claiming that the two men arrived at his Los Angeles home and said that Lee owed them money and they wanted it paid back.
One or both of the men had apparently also been spotted on the property the previous day. Lee was accompanied by his lawyer, business partner, and a nurse at the time of the confrontation, and when it became apparent that the men were armed, they all retreated back in the house. From the newspaper:
The source, who asked not to be named, said up to 20 cops arrived and police helicopters whirred above. “It was crazy, the cops had their guns drawn and there were spotlights from two police helicopters, it was very scary and pretty intense,” the source said.
“The cops said, ‘Put your hands up,’ so the guys got on their knees and on the floor, they were handcuffed and they were put in the car.”
This is just the latest bizarre twist in the 95-year-old’s increasingly disconcerting personal life. Since his wife died last year, Lee’s health has been declining, and earlier this year he was accused of sexually harassing and groping his home health care nurses. Later, Lee claimed that $300,000 had gone missing from his bank account and that someone had purchased an $850,000 house under his name. The Los Angeles police were called to investigate elder abuse.
Then, in April, another scandal erupted when an associate of the comic book icon was accused of stealing his actual blood to make “DNA ink” for customized autograph stamps.
After this latest incident, it’s unclear whether any charges were filed or what the apparent dispute was concerning.
H/T Daily Mail
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.