- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
A 2-hour ‘Sense8’ finale is coming to help you get closure
Sense8 is coming back to life.
After it was announced earlier this month that Sense8 was canceled after just two seasons, fans rallied on Twitter, asking that the series—which features a diverse cast and LGBTQ storylines—be saved. It wasn’t looking good until a tweet from the Sense8 account indicated otherwise.
A letter to fans, signed by Lana Wachowski, reveals a two-hour special will air next year and that “Improbably, unforeseeably, your love has brought Sense8 back to life.”
Death doesn't let you say goodbye. 2 hour finale episode in the works. Tell your cluster. pic.twitter.com/GHZgGuHwS0
— Sense8 (@sense8) June 29, 2017
Wachowski made sure to highlight the fan-driven part of this return, and the response showed just how deep the fandom goes.
— David ⚡ (@dxvid616) June 29, 2017
— #FIGHTTYRANNY (@owedbetter_) June 29, 2017
This just goes to show you that Sense8 fans are the best in the fucking world.
— Toby Onwumere (@toby_onwumere) June 29, 2017
As for future seasons, Wachowksi left the question open. A Netflix rep told the Hollywood Reporter that “After seeing that the cancellation was a total cluster, we decided to give Sense8 fans the ending they totally deserve.”
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.