- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Tuesday 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Tuesday 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Tuesday 12:22 PM
A 2-hour ‘Sense8’ finale is coming to help you get closure
Sense8 is coming back to life.
After it was announced earlier this month that Sense8 was canceled after just two seasons, fans rallied on Twitter, asking that the series—which features a diverse cast and LGBTQ storylines—be saved. It wasn’t looking good until a tweet from the Sense8 account indicated otherwise.
A letter to fans, signed by Lana Wachowski, reveals a two-hour special will air next year and that “Improbably, unforeseeably, your love has brought Sense8 back to life.”
Death doesn't let you say goodbye. 2 hour finale episode in the works. Tell your cluster. pic.twitter.com/GHZgGuHwS0
— Sense8 (@sense8) June 29, 2017
Wachowski made sure to highlight the fan-driven part of this return, and the response showed just how deep the fandom goes.
— David ⚡ (@dxvid616) June 29, 2017
— #FIGHTTYRANNY (@owedbetter_) June 29, 2017
This just goes to show you that Sense8 fans are the best in the fucking world.
— Toby Onwumere (@toby_onwumere) June 29, 2017
As for future seasons, Wachowksi left the question open. A Netflix rep told the Hollywood Reporter that “After seeing that the cancellation was a total cluster, we decided to give Sense8 fans the ending they totally deserve.”
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.