- No, those 2020 LinkedIn job posts aren’t for Kamala Harris 2 Years Ago
- Here’s everything to look forward to from Netflix in 2019 2 Years Ago
- Sean Hannity busted deleting all his old Michael Cohen tweets Today 12:34 PM
- Michael Cohen calls working for Trump ‘mental incarceration’ during sentencing Today 12:13 PM
- Germany just experienced an enormous chocolate spill—and it looks absolutely delicious Today 10:58 AM
- A professor asked his students to go viral, and it actually worked Today 10:38 AM
- Family says racist bullying led to 9-year-old’s suicide Today 9:57 AM
- How ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ found its eye-popping animation Today 9:15 AM
- Netflix gives Selena Quintanilla the series our queen deserves Today 8:51 AM
- Pence gets meme’d for zen-like looks during Trump’s White House showdown Today 8:50 AM
- Marvel is rebooting the Fantastic Four—with a major twist Today 8:11 AM
- Twitter dunks on conservatives who think Supergirl’s trans character is too ‘woke’ Today 8:09 AM
- Embrace the ’90s with this rad sale on Lisa Frank merch Today 8:04 AM
- ‘Hero Mask’ lacks basic storytelling competence Today 7:00 AM
- How to find your best nine Instagram photos of 2018 before anyone else Today 6:00 AM
We’re already shivering with antici…pation.
FOX’s made-for-television remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show unveiled a new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles, and it gives us hope that star Laverne Cox will be a fitting successor to the throne of Frank-n-Furter.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/TheRockyHorrorPictureShowOfficial/videos/1498545560171558/ video embed.]
Remaking something as deeply entrenched in fan culture as The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a gamble, to put it lightly. The trailer shows off more of Cox’s chops and introduces rest of the the cast. The narrator is also played by a very special guest: Tim Curry himself.
Seeing the malevolent glimmer in Cox’s eye tells us that October is too long to wait for a remake that, for once, looks worthy of its source material. We can’t wait (and it looks like she can’t either).
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.