- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
The new ‘Rocky Horror’ trailer is full of perverse delights
We’re already shivering with antici…pation.
FOX’s made-for-television remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show unveiled a new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles, and it gives us hope that star Laverne Cox will be a fitting successor to the throne of Frank-n-Furter.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/TheRockyHorrorPictureShowOfficial/videos/1498545560171558/ video embed.]
Remaking something as deeply entrenched in fan culture as The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a gamble, to put it lightly. The trailer shows off more of Cox’s chops and introduces rest of the the cast. The narrator is also played by a very special guest: Tim Curry himself.
Seeing the malevolent glimmer in Cox’s eye tells us that October is too long to wait for a remake that, for once, looks worthy of its source material. We can’t wait (and it looks like she can’t either).
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.