- Black man films ‘Crosswalk Cathy’ yelling racist slurs at him Tuesday 6:47 PM
- Guerrilla artists turn John Oliver billboard ad into right-wing meme Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Netflix lines up unnecessarily good cast for ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Netflix drops trailer for Mötley Crüe biopic ‘The Dirt’—and the cast is wild Tuesday 3:41 PM
- QAnon’s repetitive posts are alienating even his most ardent supporters Tuesday 3:36 PM
- Noah Cyrus cries on Instagram after Lil Xan’s baby announcement Tuesday 2:26 PM
- The ‘Well yes, but actually no’ meme is here to help you explain things Tuesday 12:07 PM
- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post Tuesday 11:24 AM
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency Tuesday 11:09 AM
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free Tuesday 11:08 AM
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre Tuesday 11:01 AM
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Tuesday 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Tuesday 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Tuesday 10:23 AM
We’re already shivering with antici…pation.
FOX’s made-for-television remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show unveiled a new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles, and it gives us hope that star Laverne Cox will be a fitting successor to the throne of Frank-n-Furter.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/TheRockyHorrorPictureShowOfficial/videos/1498545560171558/ video embed.]
Remaking something as deeply entrenched in fan culture as The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a gamble, to put it lightly. The trailer shows off more of Cox’s chops and introduces rest of the the cast. The narrator is also played by a very special guest: Tim Curry himself.
Seeing the malevolent glimmer in Cox’s eye tells us that October is too long to wait for a remake that, for once, looks worthy of its source material. We can’t wait (and it looks like she can’t either).
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.