- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records 3 Years Ago
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Today 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Today 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Today 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Today 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Today 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Today 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Today 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Today 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Today 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Today 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Today 1:29 PM
- Drake booed offstage by Frank Ocean fans Today 1:17 PM
- Trump says he’s meeting with vaping industry as administration readies new rules Today 12:42 PM
- Everything you need to know about Google Reverse Image Search Today 12:29 PM
The new ‘Rocky Horror’ trailer is full of perverse delights
We’re already shivering with antici…pation.
FOX’s made-for-television remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show unveiled a new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles, and it gives us hope that star Laverne Cox will be a fitting successor to the throne of Frank-n-Furter.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/TheRockyHorrorPictureShowOfficial/videos/1498545560171558/ video embed.]
Remaking something as deeply entrenched in fan culture as The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a gamble, to put it lightly. The trailer shows off more of Cox’s chops and introduces rest of the the cast. The narrator is also played by a very special guest: Tim Curry himself.
Seeing the malevolent glimmer in Cox’s eye tells us that October is too long to wait for a remake that, for once, looks worthy of its source material. We can’t wait (and it looks like she can’t either).
Colette Bennett is a writer/editor who specializes in web culture, skincare, and all things geek. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She also writes horror and sci-fi fiction for Corona Books and is at work on her second novel.