- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears 3 Years Ago
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Today 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Today 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Today 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Today 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Today 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
We’re already shivering with antici…pation.
FOX’s made-for-television remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show unveiled a new trailer at San Diego Comic-Con on Thursday afternoon in Los Angeles, and it gives us hope that star Laverne Cox will be a fitting successor to the throne of Frank-n-Furter.
[Placeholder for https://www.facebook.com/TheRockyHorrorPictureShowOfficial/videos/1498545560171558/ video embed.]
Remaking something as deeply entrenched in fan culture as The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a gamble, to put it lightly. The trailer shows off more of Cox’s chops and introduces rest of the the cast. The narrator is also played by a very special guest: Tim Curry himself.
Seeing the malevolent glimmer in Cox’s eye tells us that October is too long to wait for a remake that, for once, looks worthy of its source material. We can’t wait (and it looks like she can’t either).
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.