- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
“It Suits You” is the Poe/Finn love song we’ve all been waiting for.
Poe and Finn were some of the unexpected breakout stars of The Force Awakens, and it took no time at all for fans to produce hundreds of fanfics around their romantic possibilities and an energetic debate about queer representation in Hollywood.
Now, the Internet’s favorite space boyfriends have their own theme song.
Kirby Krackle’s albums include songs with titles like “Dancing Baby Groot” and “No Spoilers, Please,” so it was clearly only a matter of time before he wrote something about Star Wars.
“It Suits You” is a sweet guitar ballad with lyrics like “A hunger burns just like X-Wing fuel/And once it’s lit it melts away the rules,” which totally fits with the occasionally awkward sincerity of Poe and Finn’s romance. Now all Star Wars fandom needs is a goth rock anthem for Rey and Kylo Ren, the other unexpected but super-popular pairing to come out of The Force Awakens.
Photo via Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor