- Who is Corn Pop? Here are all the theories about the gang leader from Joe Biden’s past Sunday 4:37 PM
- Fresh sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh spur calls for impeachment Sunday 3:28 PM
- Mike Pence says a triple crown winning racehorse bit him Sunday 12:51 PM
- Disney CEO Bob Iger leaves Apple board amid streaming wars Sunday 12:01 PM
- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee Sunday 10:32 AM
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Sunday 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Sunday 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
‘Star Wars’ fan pens love song in honor of Poe and Finn
“It Suits You” is the Poe/Finn love song we’ve all been waiting for.
Poe and Finn were some of the unexpected breakout stars of The Force Awakens, and it took no time at all for fans to produce hundreds of fanfics around their romantic possibilities and an energetic debate about queer representation in Hollywood.
Now, the Internet’s favorite space boyfriends have their own theme song.
Kirby Krackle’s albums include songs with titles like “Dancing Baby Groot” and “No Spoilers, Please,” so it was clearly only a matter of time before he wrote something about Star Wars.
“It Suits You” is a sweet guitar ballad with lyrics like “A hunger burns just like X-Wing fuel/And once it’s lit it melts away the rules,” which totally fits with the occasionally awkward sincerity of Poe and Finn’s romance. Now all Star Wars fandom needs is a goth rock anthem for Rey and Kylo Ren, the other unexpected but super-popular pairing to come out of The Force Awakens.
Photo via Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor