- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
‘Star Wars’ fan pens love song in honor of Poe and Finn
“It Suits You” is the Poe/Finn love song we’ve all been waiting for.
Poe and Finn were some of the unexpected breakout stars of The Force Awakens, and it took no time at all for fans to produce hundreds of fanfics around their romantic possibilities and an energetic debate about queer representation in Hollywood.
Now, the Internet’s favorite space boyfriends have their own theme song.
Kirby Krackle’s albums include songs with titles like “Dancing Baby Groot” and “No Spoilers, Please,” so it was clearly only a matter of time before he wrote something about Star Wars.
“It Suits You” is a sweet guitar ballad with lyrics like “A hunger burns just like X-Wing fuel/And once it’s lit it melts away the rules,” which totally fits with the occasionally awkward sincerity of Poe and Finn’s romance. Now all Star Wars fandom needs is a goth rock anthem for Rey and Kylo Ren, the other unexpected but super-popular pairing to come out of The Force Awakens.
Photo via Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor