- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
“It Suits You” is the Poe/Finn love song we’ve all been waiting for.
Poe and Finn were some of the unexpected breakout stars of The Force Awakens, and it took no time at all for fans to produce hundreds of fanfics around their romantic possibilities and an energetic debate about queer representation in Hollywood.
Now, the Internet’s favorite space boyfriends have their own theme song.
Kirby Krackle’s albums include songs with titles like “Dancing Baby Groot” and “No Spoilers, Please,” so it was clearly only a matter of time before he wrote something about Star Wars.
“It Suits You” is a sweet guitar ballad with lyrics like “A hunger burns just like X-Wing fuel/And once it’s lit it melts away the rules,” which totally fits with the occasionally awkward sincerity of Poe and Finn’s romance. Now all Star Wars fandom needs is a goth rock anthem for Rey and Kylo Ren, the other unexpected but super-popular pairing to come out of The Force Awakens.
Photo via Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor