- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
After 4.3 million online votes from 146 countries, the classic board game Monopoly is ready to debut three new game tokens.
Hasbro gave tabletop fans the chance to vote on 50 new options as well as the standard game piece lineup of the cat, dog, race car, thimble, wheelbarrow, boot, ship, and top hat. New options included a quirky variety of tokens, from sliced bread to a bunny slipper.
In the end, voters decided the T. Rex, rubber ducky, and the penguin would replace the thimble, the wheelbarrow, and the boot. We have a feeling a few people will miss the old playing pieces, but lest nostalgia get the best of you, remember that this isn’t the first time Monopoly has changed the lineup. Scottie the dog and the wheelbarrow joined the standard playing pieces in the 1950s, after Monopoly’s launch in 1935. And in 2013, Monopoly sent the iron packing in favor of Hazel the cat.
Scottie the dog still reigns as the favorite, taking the top spot when the contest votes were tallied. According the Associated Press, Scottie earned 212,476 votes, with the newbie T. Rex coming in second with 207,953, and the top hat coming in third with 167,582. The battleship was the last token to squeak into the lineup, beating the tortoise by just 5,700 votes. And the least popular piece? That would be the rain boot, which got just 7,239 votes.
You can expect Monopoly games featuring the new lineup of tokens to hit stores this fall.
H/T Associated Press
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.